Author Topic: Internet Explorer 9 platform preview download available now  (Read 21573 times)

robinb

Re: Internet Explorer 9 platform preview download available now
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2010, 08:30:43 PM »
Microsoft is trying to push users away from XP, that is a given.  Almost all of their new software is for Windows 7, I guess if they feel you want the newer software you need a newer OS.  What bothers me is that Windows 7 was suppose to be the "all-all".  Less holes to patch or no holes to patch and that is not the case.  This months security updates include windows 7 and from what i see there are at least 7 of them.
I would love for them to make a pc operating system with no holes- and don't tell me to go buy a mac because for one MAC you can purchase 2 pcs.

robin

spg SCOTT

Re: Internet Explorer 9 platform preview download available now
« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2010, 09:18:00 PM »
I would love for them to make a pc operating system with no holes- and don't tell me to go buy a mac because for one MAC you can purchase 2 pcs.

So would they...but it simply isn't feasible...no matter what you try and do, there will always be something there to exploit...

And the whole mac thing is simply because they aren't targeted as much...there still could be (and I imagine are) similar things with macs but because they are not targeted, we assume it is more secure...