Author Topic: How to DISABLE the Green Sliding Upgrade Notification Window for Avast 4.8 Home?  (Read 2943 times)

ShojiC

Hello,

I LOVE Avast 4.8.  I'm sorry but 5.0 has caused me much MUCH Heartache and Headache!  Every computer I have installed 5.0 has degraded in performance at best and has become LESS resilient to attacks.  My favorite Laptop STILL takes nearly a full minute to log on to ever since I installed 5.0!!!  It's such a shame :(  It's STILL broken even after I tried uninstalling 5.0 and rolling back to 4.8.

I digress.  With all this said I NEVER wish to upgrade to 5.0.  And there is an EXTREMELY OBNOXIOUS Sliding Green Pop-up UPGRADE Notification that POPS UP ALL THE TIME "asking" me to upgrade.  It's not really "asking" me if it pops up a million times in the middle of whatever I am doing and I can't disable it.  I've exhausted every resource and I've disabled Sliding Notifications etc. and this works for Virus Updates ONLY.

How on God's Good Green Earth do I DISABLE this MONSTROUSLY ANNOYING GREEN UPGRADE Notification?

I've LOVE 4.8.  It's THE BEST ANTIVIRUS I've ever used!  I ABSOLUTELY REFUSE to install 5.0 on any other computer EVER AGAIN.  You had an amazing product with 4.8.  5.0 seems to be competing with other modern day Antiviruses in the departments of inefficacy, resource hogging, and general computer destruction.  Why why why?

I'd of gladly paid for 4.8.  But if this is some extortion ploy for me to pay money for 4.8 so that I don't have that OBSTRUCTIVE Green Window pop up, I'd refuse to pay out of principle.

I want to thank the team who developed 4.8 for the greatest Antivirus of all time.  I'd also like to thank anyone who can help me as I am certain many others are suffering in the same manner.

Thank you,
Shoji Claus

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
How on God's Good Green Earth do I DISABLE this MONSTROUSLY ANNOYING GREEN UPGRADE Notification?

Set program updates to manual.
asyn
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Every computer I have installed 5.0 has degraded in performance at best
It shouldn't be this way. Performance was improved on avast 5.
Your system is with anything weird. Troubleshooting is the way, not downgrading.

and has become LESS resilient to attacks.
Simple not true. The protection increased, not decreased.

With all this said I NEVER wish to upgrade to 5.0.
I ABSOLUTELY REFUSE to install 5.0 on any other computer EVER AGAIN.
You have more few months of avast 4.8 support...

inefficacy, resource hogging, and general computer destruction.  Why why why?
This is not the way things are going... Troubleshoot and do not give up.
The best things in life are free.