Author Topic: Avast Pro Sandbox issue  (Read 3099 times)

ashikrk

Avast Pro Sandbox issue
« on: May 26, 2010, 05:22:50 AM »
Hello I've been a long time avast free antivirus user and really loved the product...So I decided to give a try to avast Pro antivirus. So far the only really new thing is the sandbox and it is a very interesting concept...Not sure how it is helping since I haven't really had an issue of virus (and I hope it stays that way), but i am sure it will come in handy.

Now my real problem is setting up firefox to run in sandbox mode. I put firefox in sandbox mode but after that flash player stopped working for me...
This has not happened with internet explorer even though I have internet explorer running in sandbox mode. Nor does it happen with Safari.

Offline nmb

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
Re: Avast Pro Sandbox issue
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 06:10:29 AM »
Some addons are disabled in firefox, chrome when using with sandbox.

And here is a small video(screencast link) where you can see how sandbox helps : http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=59799.0

nmb
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 06:17:50 AM by nmb »

Gargamel360

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 06:20:44 AM »
This happens to me, about 20% of the time.  Just re-running Firefox works for me, not always on 1st retry, but before too long.  
If that doesn't work for you, try:                                                                                Open Avast!>RealtimeShields>ProcessVirtualization>ExpertSettings.  Check the box that says "All Settings (inc. extensions, add-ons, etc.)"

This is just a work-around, makes the sandbox not quite as secure, but it lets my flash and other video elements load 100% of the time.
Fix for this is supposed to come with ver. 5.1

the_slasher

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2010, 10:29:45 AM »
i hope it can be fixed soon it's annoying to check if flash is working or not every time i start firefox in avast sandbox