Author Topic: Performance degradation over time with Behavior Shield, Avast 5.0.545  (Read 11337 times)

kd5

Re: Performance degradation over time with Behavior Shield, Avast 5.0.545
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2010, 02:41:49 PM »
So, which is it?  Behavior Shield or Screensaver?  And will it be fixed soon? 

I noticed slowdowns on my system too (3.4ghz P4, 2gb RAM, 80gb 7200rpm 8mb hard drive, XP Home SP3/IE8 with all updates) after the computer had been up & running all day.  A reboot would solve the immediate problem.  Will Alwil solve the larger problem?  Soon?       -kd5-

kd5

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2010, 10:15:58 PM »
Since I found this thread on Page 2 with no subsequent replies, I have to assume that no one of any import has either read this or cares to acknowledge this legitimate concern, or can give us any idea whether or not this issue will be addressed any time soon?

I really don't want to cripple Avast, I would probably be more inclined to go back to v4.8 until all the bugs get worked out of v5.       -kd5-

YoKenny

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2010, 12:26:40 AM »
@ kd5

I guess now you need to know that your kduncan5 (at) hotmail.com is available to all spammers and scammers. ;)

And your signature Getting old ain't for sissys. is not informative as some old people know a lot. 8)

Go to PROFILE then Modify Profile then select your country in Please select your country: then Forum Profile Information then update your Signature: with information like my signature as this helps the helpers offer pertinent advice.

In Account Related Settings select Hide email address from public? to prevent scammers and spammers harvesting your hotmail.com email address.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 12:54:45 AM by YoKenny »

kd5

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2010, 12:43:48 AM »
@ kd5

I guess now you need to know that your kduncan5 (at) hotmail.com is available to all spammers and scammers. ;)

And your signature Getting old ain't for sissys. is not informative as some old people know a lot. 8)

Go to PROFILE then Modify Profile then select your country in Please select your country: then Forum Profile Information then update your Signature: with information like my signature as this helps the helpers offer pertinent advice.

In Account Related Settings select Hide email address from public? to prevent scammers and spammers harvesting your hotmail.com email address.

How does your post help ANYTHING?????

First, I don't care who harvests that email address because I don't use it anymore, haven't been there in YEARS!

Second, I'll say whatever I want to say in my signature!  'Getting old ain't for sissys' refers to all the aches & pains you'll accumulate when you get MY AGE, not what you have chosen to read into it!  Besides, if you'd bothered to look above my last post, you would see that I've already outlined the pertinent aspects of my computer!

Third, why should what country I live in matter to anyone besides someone who chooses to make such a big deal out of it for no good reason as you have chosen to do?

So, I ask again:  How does your post help ANYTHING?????

I have asked a question.  Obviously you're not capable of answering that question so why did you even bother to post in response to it?  Just because you have 4929 posts here and I only have 21, do you think that gives you the right to crap on my post?       -kd5-