Author Topic: i can NOT get win 7 to see avast on this one system  (Read 8707 times)

De Hollander

Re: i can NOT get win 7 to see avast on this one system
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2010, 09:31:41 PM »
After reading the symptoms the first thing that comes to my mind is a repository problem ??? ???

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2010, 10:29:29 PM »
After reading the symptoms the first thing that comes to my mind is a repository problem ??? ???
Why? The Security Center (or Actions Center) could be related to the repository.
But seems that avast is not being correctly installed... that is another problem, isn't it?
The best things in life are free.

De Hollander

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2010, 11:14:10 PM »
Yes, it seems that avast is not being correctly installed.

A damaged repository came in to my mind after reading zfactor post : avast says it is on and updated and everything is green lit the firewall and av are in fact working as i have tested them both against threats and to block programs etc..just for some reason win7 is not talking right with avast or visa versa..

But then again, the problem was still there after a new fresh install
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 11:17:56 PM by De Hollander »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2010, 11:30:51 PM »
A damaged repository came in to my mind after reading zfactor post : avast says it is on and updated and everything is green lit the firewall and av are in fact working as i have tested them both against threats and to block programs etc..just for some reason win7 is not talking right with avast or visa versa.
Sorry, you're right. If this is a problem, it could be in the repository (also).
The best things in life are free.

zfactor

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2010, 01:22:20 AM »
im away tonight but ill post it tomm when i get in.