Author Topic: lic key questions..  (Read 3221 times)

zfactor

lic key questions..
« on: June 06, 2010, 03:25:42 AM »
as well as the issue i posted in another thread and having to reinstall a ton of times...i am a bit ocd and always do a fresh install on each machine when a new version comes out. i also format and install or restore from a backup often win7 w/ just office and drivers / updates and nothing more since i do test a lot of hardware. i do LEGALLY OWN my avast keys. has anyone had a key blocked for this type of thing by avast? i had this happen with another av company and thats why i left them. i did send this question to avast sales also but i figured maybe someone here had info on this.

thanks

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: lic key questions..
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2010, 03:57:05 AM »
You can send your keys to sales (at) avast (dot) com and check with them if, by error, they're blocked.
The best things in life are free.

zfactor

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2010, 04:02:51 AM »
okay great but do they limit it.. i mean say i did a clean install each time a new version etc.. i had kaspersky do this and i left them...i did send sales a question regard. it and ill post also their answer when i get it

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2010, 04:10:27 AM »
As far as I'm aware there is no restriction in the number of times you reinstall or even change systems.

Provided that a) your license period is still valid and b) you don't exceed the number of systems it is installed on doesn't exceed the quantity for the license help. e.g. if you purchased a multi-system license for X number of systems, then you can't exceed that limit.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

zfactor

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2010, 04:12:52 AM »
okay so as long as its only on 3 pc's at any given time correct? but when i update hardware or change systems is there a official way to remove the lic from the old machine? i dont usually uninstall avast before a format. is that okay or should i be uninstalling it first?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2010, 04:16:56 AM »
Yes, if your license is for 3 systems then don't exceed that number.

You aren't actually removing the license, but the application - If switching systems an uninstall should be sufficient. If you format that would serve the same purpose as there would be no installation of avast.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

zfactor

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2010, 04:53:11 AM »
okay i know with some programs like say macrium and shadow protect i need to physically remove the lic from one pc before moving it to another so i wanted to be sure avast didnt work like that.