Author Topic: Windows Security Center No Longer Recoginizing Avast!??  (Read 2790 times)

Philo

Windows Security Center No Longer Recoginizing Avast!??
« on: June 06, 2010, 07:47:13 PM »
Hi guys and gals,

I have Avast! free home edition, version 5.0.545. I've never had any trouble with it. It runs like a champ. BUT, I noticed that after the last "update" the Microsoft Security Center is "red shield, white X'd".
When I open the security center, it says I don't have any anti-virus or malware protection. When I check Avast! it shows all my real-time shields are on and according to Avast!, my PC is secured.

So, it would seem that for some reason the security center has stopped recognizing  the Avast! program.

Can anyone help me out with this?

Philo

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Windows Security Center No Longer Recoginizing Avast!??
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2010, 07:55:13 PM »
1. Check your system time and date.
2. Repair your avast installation through the Control Panel.
3. Boot twice.

Seems odd, but, most of the times, it's the cure.
If it fails, maybe reinstalling avast.
The best things in life are free.

Philo

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2010, 09:42:52 PM »
Thanx Tech.

I ended up having to do a complete uninstall, then a complete reinstall. That seems to have done the trick. Did a complete boot-time scan afterwards and didn't pick anything up.

Wonder why that happened?? I always get concerned when things change on their own in my PC....

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2010, 10:26:27 PM »
Security Center (or Actions Center) miss, from time to time, the correct behavior.
It's an insane war trying to figure out what happens... Also a lose of time imho.
The best things in life are free.