Author Topic: A troubling issue.  (Read 2927 times)

Kristian

A troubling issue.
« on: June 07, 2010, 10:10:57 PM »
Even with as unreliable as your past service with avast! internet security may have been, unfortunately since no other forums can deal with avast! quite like this one... I don't really have a choice.

My problem is simple.

The Screen Saver of avast! 5.0 is set to thorough and when it runs it tries to remove [Panda Cloud Antivirus 1.1] From my computer... It's flagging some of Panda Security's Hooks as Trojans.

Though i've noticed... the real-time protection doesn't flag Panda Security processes as malicious, nor do the other scans i've tried... just this one.

Now since this is a problem on avast!'s end and not panda's... I'm complaining on this forum.

So that something like last time doesn't happen again... please don't respond to this post unless you have more information or a tip that is actually proven useful... Last time I got a bunch of "fix its" that weren't the slightest bit effective... only real good fix it was CCleaner... and it fixed my registry, not the problem. >.>

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: A troubling issue.
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 10:29:09 PM »
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 10:45:55 PM by Pondus »

Kristian

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 10:45:52 PM »
I read both of your links... they are quite solid.

If I were to uninstall one or the other, then avast! isn't worth considering as panda has done a considerably better job in my testing of blocking out general malware, rogue av's, and other atrocious malware (rootkits and keyloggers). Your information is good, but you forgot to research the product I was running avast! with, or you'd have realized:

1. panda doesn't "update".. it's connected to a continuously growing database..
2. There is no "sluggish performance... i've noticed that panda real time only takes effect when avast! let's something nasty in.
3. (points it out impatiently) The screen-saver scan does this, not the real time.

But i'll give your suggestion a try... i'll see if it works.

Kristian

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 10:48:50 PM »
Oh and before I uninstall avast... what I didn't point out is it only did this after the 4th screensaver scan... same settings and everything.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2010, 10:53:42 PM »
Your information is good, but you forgot to research the product I was running avast! with, or you'd have realized:
nope....the research is on you. I just gave you the info, the rest is up to you........

you may find more info here, i guess you already know of this...
http://www.cloudantivirus.com/forum/index.jspa
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 10:58:12 PM by Pondus »