Author Topic: Av-Comparative Retrospective/Proactive Test May 2010  (Read 36478 times)

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Av-Comparative Retrospective/Proactive Test May 2010
« Reply #60 on: June 11, 2010, 12:41:37 PM »
It's about KEEPING PEOPLE SAFE no matter which A/V they use.

If your going to be a "Malware Fighter", Fight for everyone.

I deeply thank you for this comment...!! :)
And 100% agree with you..!
asyn
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

ziucqea

« Reply #61 on: June 11, 2010, 01:02:23 PM »
I do now believe that MSE is getting better and better.

I think MSE will surpass all AV's in the future.

Very asshamed for AVAST that i rely on Pro Active Defence. Very BAD!!!

Most pros advice MSE, ESET, Avira and Norton.

I think MSE will win because its free and good result.

They test avira premium which is paid.

I think avira free lack of pro active protection.

So ill vote for MSE.
No, Avast! is all-roun ded whild MSE is only equipped with file system shield.
And ESET is QUITE POOR at self-protection!!!It's always the first to be killed by viruses....
After using NOD32 and being infected with virus one year ago.....I had never cast a look at it

Offline -Genesis-

« Reply #62 on: June 11, 2010, 01:14:33 PM »
@ziucqea

If your frequent reader on virus and malware removal like bleeping computer, sevenforums and malwarebytes forums.

You will noticed that they always use MSE, ESET, Avira and Norton.

For paid most people choose Norton.

For free MSE, Avira.

For online scanning ESET and Kaspersky.
Windows 11 Pro / Windows Defender/
Ryzen 5 1600/ Aorus Gtx 1080Ti Xtreme/ Gskill Trident Z RGB 3000/ Samsung Evo 250GB/ Western Digital Black 1 TB

Dch48

« Reply #63 on: June 11, 2010, 09:54:52 PM »
One thing that MSE does that helps against new threats is that if it flags something as suspicious that is not in your currently installed database it will check with Microsoft's servers for newer definitions that you may not have received yet and scan the file with those. It also checks for reports from Microsoft's security related features like Smart Screen and others. MSE looks deceptively simple but is a lot more complex than you realize. This is most likely the reason why MSE scored higher against new threats than Avast! did. (Along with the fact that they used an outdated version of Avast!) In the real time tests, Avast! beat MSE.

Offline Shiw Liang

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #64 on: June 12, 2010, 12:11:06 PM »
ESET in my school wasn't well updated and it was the version 3 I think..
Poof I've asked permission to enter as administrator instead being a student..
I totally removed ESET and put avast there ^^
Wow at first installation the computer was totally infected alert coming one after one..
Then I disabled avast shields..
Configured the boot scan a restarted..
At my surprise after the scan..the computer got about 60 viruses..

Poof students these days brings only infected pendrive/flash drives..really..

zfactor

« Reply #65 on: June 13, 2010, 08:19:43 AM »
similar to my experiences with eset over the years. i would always end up infected with it. i then went to kaspersky and it worked great but caused to much drag, norton also kept me clean and so far avast as well. i always had some kind of issue with ess though i got tired of no responses and not much help from their tech also... just me experiences. so far avast sales and direct tech support for tickets have been far better overall. i think only norton responded faster for me.

ziucqea

« Reply #66 on: June 14, 2010, 07:17:21 AM »
Sorry for my English skills but I need write my opinion.
Avast is good antivirus but one big problem for me is avast support is very slowly. I send often about one virus sample per day to avast lab but research durative about 1-2 days its too long. All samples I sent to virus@avast.com. Avast support must be quickly half day to release update on this sample. Avast has big problems with pdfka detections and fakeav detection. In nowadays very much infiltrations are focus on fake av products and pdfka / trojans. Avast must be more proactive. I am waiting on changes.

Good job for microsoft developers
Microsoft essentials is good free alternative product.
Precisely. Avast! takes so long a time to analyse samples and update its definations that I wonder what the programmers are doing(And according to Avast!, all the samples actually undergo an auto analyse and the definations will be updated 'quickly')
You can refer to the update history to find how many definations they are acually renewing in one package, sometimes 4 new definations for the whole day!
http://www.avast.com/zh-cn/virus-update-history

ziucqea

« Reply #67 on: June 14, 2010, 07:23:47 AM »
@ziucqea

If your frequent reader on virus and malware removal like bleeping computer, sevenforums and malwarebytes forums.

You will noticed that they always use MSE, ESET, Avira and Norton.

For paid most people choose Norton.

For free MSE, Avira.

For online scanning ESET and Kaspersky.
So what's the point?