Author Topic: network shield logs  (Read 10016 times)

Offline Marc57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • KISS Rules The World!!!
    • KISS Army
Re: network shield logs
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2010, 10:15:37 AM »
You could try a free online scan with Nod32.

http://www.eset.com/online-scanner
You Wanted the Best You Got the Best the Hottest Band in the World KISS!!!

SafeSurf

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2010, 10:35:42 AM »
@ theinvulnerable,

I, as well as others here, use PrevX resident and it is compatible with avast.  The resident build give you more protection than the on-demand (free) version, but you can certainly give the free version a try.  However, I do regard MBAM on demand very highly.  I know you're looking for other options.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2010, 05:36:49 PM »
...presumably emisoft, which Asyn seems to have a thing about, whilst the rest of us believe it has a high rate of false positives.

I know you don't like it, but if avast and mbam can't dedect/remove the threat it's a 3rd possibility to get rid of malware, as it still has one of the highest dedection rates. But sure you always have to be careful about FPs..! Another reason is the online forum, which offers free professional support in removing malware, even for unexperienced user. <snip>

I'm not alone in that regard, it has a high rate of FPs and that has to be clearly stated or the user could take it as gospel and delete a detection without first checking it out fully and that is the point I'm making.

The problem being when the first link you recommending a 3rd party application that incorporates a resident AV then you can't have two resident AVs installed. Not to mention there is any guarantee that it will either detect or remove it either.

So as has been suggested an on-line scanner can be a better option as it doesn't have to be installed nor does it have low level drivers.

So you say that their on-line forum offers help removing malware, well so does this forum in case you hadn't noticed.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 05:40:02 PM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security