Author Topic: Registering/ renewing a License Key  (Read 4429 times)

Arianwen

Registering/ renewing a License Key
« on: June 09, 2010, 10:31:21 PM »
Hi everyone,

Just a quick question. I have had a look on the forums already for an answer to this question.

I'm currently running i *think* version 4.8 (free) on my laptop, but run an older version on my main computer.

My laptop has given me a lovely new red pop up telling my my registration expires in X number of days. I started trying to renew my license from about 23 days, now I'm on about 18 days till expiry but I haven't been able to renew my license . Every time I try the page refuses to load and/or times out. It doesn't matter if I try for renewal from that pop up or go direct through the home page, I get the same thing every time. If its relevant I'm running windows Vista on my laptop and use firefox as my browser

Any tips on how I can solve this or another way I can renew my license key or revert back to an older version to avast (if that is necessary). I'm really not in a position to purchase avast - so that isn't an option

Thanks in advance

Arianwen
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 10:32:53 PM by Arianwen »

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Registering/ renewing a License Key
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 10:50:15 PM »
download avst 5 and save the installer where you will find it  http://filehippo.com/download_avast_antivirus/
uninstall avast 4.8 and reboot
install avast 5 and reboot

How to register avast 5 free

quote:
On-line registration is very simple and it's the preferred method for all users of avast Free Antivirus 5.0 installed on a computers with standard Internet connectivity. To perform on-line registration follow these steps:

http://support.avast.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=459

Arianwen

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 11:06:57 PM »
Thanks very much

Typically, I JUST managed to get in to the renew page and get the new key. Its always the way it works, just when you give up things work together. thanks for your help though

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010, 11:12:13 PM »
well have you installed it ? and everything is working ?