Author Topic: How to block alarm on one file?  (Read 3805 times)

erikerak

How to block alarm on one file?
« on: June 09, 2010, 07:09:17 PM »
Avast (free ed.) detect a malware in a file, but i know it's a false positive. I dont want to delete it.

Is it possible to block the alarm and pop up on that file only?

thank's
-----------------
Avast (ed. gratuit) detecte un virus/ver dans un fichier, je sais que c'est un faux et je refuse de le supprimer.

Est-il possible de bloquer l'alarme et le pop up uniquement sur ce fichier?

Merci

Gargamel360

Re: How to block alarm on one file?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 07:39:34 PM »
Exclusions are located in the main settings of Avast! user interface.

The File System shield also has exclusions under its expert settings, not sure if that is separate from the main exclusions or not.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 07:42:55 PM »
Avast (free ed.) detect a malware in a file, but i know it's a false positive.
Can you upload the file to www.virustotal.com and when you have the result copy the URL in the adressbar and post it here

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010, 07:55:37 PM »
@ erikerak
Files shouldn't be excluded just because you believe it is a false positive, you should confirm the detection or not. If it is a false positive it should be reported so that it can be corrected helping all avast users.

~~~~
Check the offending/suspect file at: VirusTotal - Multi engine on-line virus scanner and report the findings here the URL in the Address bar of the VT results page. You can't do this with the file securely in the chest, you need to extract it to a temporary (not original) location first, see below.

Create a folder called Suspect in the C:\ drive. Now exclude that folder in the File System Shield, Expert Settings, Exclusions, Add, type (or copy and paste) C:\Suspect\* That will stop the File System Shield scanning any file you put in that folder.

If only GData and avast detect it - GData uses avast as one of its two scanners so counts as 1 detection and almost certainly an FP.
Send the sample to avast as a False Positive:
Open the chest and right click on the file and select 'Submit to virus lab...' complete the form and submit, the file will be uploaded during the next update.

- In the meantime (if you accept the risk), add it to the exclusions lists:
File System Shield, Expert Settings, Exclusions, Add and
avast Settings, Exclusions

Restore it to its original location, periodically check it (scan it in the chest), there should still be a copy in the chest even though you restored it to the original location. When it is no longer detected then you can also remove it from the File System Shield and avast Settings, exclusions lists.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

erikerak

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2010, 08:11:21 PM »
I'll test that thanks.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2010, 10:00:38 PM »
No problem, glad I could help.

Welcome to the forums.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security