Author Topic: Compile Error in Hidden Module  (Read 2978 times)

Max in OH

Compile Error in Hidden Module
« on: July 20, 2004, 03:55:44 AM »
The above error message appears in any Microsoft Office application under the "Microsoft Visual Basic" banner since I installed avast.  It doesn't appear to cause any real problems (I can hit the OK button and everthing seems to operate as before) other than slowing down my access to these programs.

Can anyone tell me whether avast is the cause?  When I went onto the microsoft help pages, this error was noted as being related to Norton AntiVirus running on machines that also had the "Goldmine" contact manager system loaded.

CharleyO

Re:Compile Error in Hidden Module
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2004, 04:52:26 AM »
Did you have Norton on your computer before avast!?    ???  

If so, you may not have completely removed Norton from your computer. It will not completely uninstall using the standard procedures.    >:(  

Max in OH

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2004, 01:46:32 AM »
No, did not have Norton installed; had McAfee installed but virus apparently eliminated the executable file for the McAfee virus protection, along with the accompanying installation bat file.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2004, 09:45:34 AM »
Well, I can see multiple microsoft's articles on this problem.
Check your Microsoft Office Startup folder... is there anything suspicious there? You may try to (temporarily) remove the automatically started add-ons and see if it helps.
(In any case, I don't think it has anything to do with avast)