Author Topic: Help  (Read 20188 times)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Help
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2010, 05:09:14 PM »
As I said in my reply #23 above, if it is already in the SAS Quarantine (you won't find it on your PC) a protected area, the only option is to restore it (and that carries a limited risk, which you had before any detection, but avast is blocking that) to the original location.

Then add it to the avast chest (where it can be submitted later) then run SAS again and allow it to quarantine it again. Now it can be submitted to avast from the sample you put in the avast chest. I understand anyone's reluctance to restore if from the SAS Quarantine, which is why it is important to add it to the avast chest before taking that action.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Phobos

« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2010, 03:24:57 PM »
To David R, If someone else is working on this, could you explain how to find it in the PC, to send a sample to avast as SAS does not give much info about it once it's in SAS Quarantine ?

to: Phobos, I'm glad it worked for you, I forgot to say that after all seemed well again I went to System restore and created a new restore point.

You're welcome ... and yes, i did that ... thanks.

Phobos

« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2010, 03:38:21 PM »
As I said in my reply #23 above, if it is already in the SAS Quarantine (you won't find it on your PC) a protected area, the only option is to restore it (and that carries a limited risk, which you had before any detection, but avast is blocking that) to the original location.

Then add it to the avast chest (where it can be submitted later) then run SAS again and allow it to quarantine it again. Now it can be submitted to avast from the sample you put in the avast chest. I understand anyone's reluctance to restore if from the SAS Quarantine, which is why it is important to add it to the avast chest before taking that action.

I would have done that, however i could not (and cannot) understand 'how' ... when the avast popup occurred, i would click on it (nothing) ... then i went to the 'network shield' section so i could see the problem - i could see it in the 'last analysed connection' part - clicked on it (nothing) - looked in 'traffic history' (nothing), 'report file' (nothing), and then wondered if i had some settings that were affecting my ability to see more details about the popup so that i could a) understand its origins, and b) do anything about it (eg: add to chest)

Note (if it helps) it involved the removal of 2x trojan.Dropper/Win-NV in C:\WINDOWS\MSVIDEO.DLL
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 03:46:42 PM by Phobos »

djDave

« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2010, 03:53:21 PM »
 Phobos: I know what you mean, that's the way it was for me also. When moved into SAS Quarantine, I could not r/click on it for properties, so I was not sure if I could find it, or if restoring it - would change it in some way??? At least for now the darn thing is gone and has not come back...Have a great day...  dave

djDave

Re: Help cleaning media9s.com
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2010, 07:52:19 PM »
Goodbye:
media9s.com/cgi/crhwmrxg.php?gggg=6733616xxx
nopagency.com/cgi/kpudd.php?ddddd=6733616xxx
88.80.7.152/cgi/oejo.php?dsi=6733616xxx (no xs on the ends)

This is the 4th day since I did the cleaning as reported in reply #22 and all is still well here. I did a complete scan with SAS today and all came up clean ! I'm running XP and IE. I don't know if this works the same for others, but it has for me. Thankyou Avast and everyone that helps here...djDave
PS: Have a great weekend...
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 01:18:18 PM by djDave »

xseoer

« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2010, 03:29:11 AM »
Goodbye:

This is the 4th day since I did the cleaning as reported in reply #22 and all is still well here. I did a complete scan with SAS today and all came up clean ! I'm running XP and IE. I don't know if this works the same for others, but it has for me. Thankyou Avast and everyone that helps here...djDave
Refusal IE !
Recommend Firefox !

lizhou

« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2010, 03:38:12 AM »
Goodbye:

Refusal IE !
Recommend Firefox !
Hi guys!
Can you help test my website in china ?
My website named GHD

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2010, 08:50:42 AM »
Hi guys!