Author Topic: Not Sure if Avast related or not  (Read 8957 times)

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Not Sure if Avast related or not
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2010, 04:43:25 PM »
Thx for reply Asyn & Yokenny
Dropped spybot and installed Mbam, well see in the future how it goes with system restore
Ps: Asyn where can you find disable self defense of avast ?

You're welcome..!
To disable self defence go to: Settings - Troubleshooting - self-defence module (uncheck it here)
asyn
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

bikemanAMD

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2010, 11:34:42 PM »
Well Nothing found with Malwarebytes antimalware, so i'm guessing just an issue with the 3d game itself, speed tests withoutt the game open, are nice and fast, so not gonna worry on it anymore

and very happy with Avast 5.0.545

HyperGeek

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2010, 04:52:33 AM »
Also find something but not sure its avast related
Sometimes when i do a system restore, have to reboot & computer starts with a BlackscreenofDeath, have to remove first avast in safe mode and then my system restore works ???  ???
if this is avast related i would like to see a solution in the future ...  :-\
avast 5.0.545 free

1. Drop Spybot..!!
+1

@ RedFan

Get Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) and keep it updated daily then run a Quick scan:
http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

Make sure Windows Defender is updated daily through its portal:
Latest definition version: 1.85.140.0
http://www.microsoft.com/security/portal/Definitions/ADL.aspx <== download then run the 64-bit mpas-fex64.exe installer

Hi There, I was wondering if we can use Avast 5.0.545 Free with Malwarebytes Anti-malware - I have read on the internet in my forums that people are experiencing problems while using the two together :( I was using Avast 4.8 Free with MBAM earlier and was happy with both - had an OS crash (the crash was h/w related) and re-did everything clean post which I have installed the latest release of Avast 5.0 Free - very happy with it but would like to know if I can use MBAM or any other free Anti-spyware program in combination with Avast 5. Spybot S&D and Lavasoft's Ad-aware are a couple of other alternatives that I can think of but am not sure whether it's advisable to use them with Avast 5 - please help!

Gargamel360

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2010, 05:08:09 AM »
I just replied to your 1st post
Don't spam and threadjack, please.

HyperGeek

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2010, 05:37:21 AM »
I just replied to your 1st post
Don't spam and threadjack, please.

Sorry!! :(