Author Topic: Firewall issue?  (Read 3013 times)

giantzombie

Firewall issue?
« on: January 19, 2012, 01:47:34 PM »
Since yesterday at startup Avast gives a 10049 error. Can't remember excactly what is said, but it has something to do with a mail shield that can't be activated. Since then I can't use Internet Explorer, can't play League of legends or Starcraft II. Internet still works fine. I could update Avast, update windows and play Guild Wars.
I don't know if it is connected, but at the same time my computer completely lost the capability to produce any kind of sound (except for the fan).

Does anyone know how I can repair this? I use windows 7 ultimate 64 bits.

The error said it has something to do with not being able to use avastsvc.exe
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 02:18:26 PM by giantzombie »

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Firewall issue?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 01:51:48 PM »
this must be a windows error code, as it is not in avast list

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=5719.0

giantzombie

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 02:00:09 PM »
I'm sure that is was shown by avast in a red error box. I'll check it again to be sure when I'm home.

giantzombie

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2012, 09:04:11 AM »
The exact error I get is the following,translation from dutch:

"avast! can't protect your mail/news (error 10049).
Check to see if component (AvastSvc.exe) is not blocked by your personal firewall."

This is all shown in an Avast pop-up box. If I start my computer without Avast on then the error isn't shows, but I still have the same problem that is not being able to access internet with explorer and I still have no sound. This makes me think that it is most probably a problem with windows, but I'm no computer expert at all. Thats why I'm hoping U guys can help me fix it.

ady4um

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2012, 04:10:44 PM »
Go to your firewall and delete the rules related to avast. Save and reboot. Test and report back.

For your next report, please add specific info about avast edition (Free/Pro/AIS), avast version (6.0.1367 ? ), which email client you are using, which firewall you are using and any other security tools currently installed or that were installed in the past.

krej

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2012, 08:30:03 PM »
I have already experienced this kind of problem. Avast.Setup must be allowed through your firewall.