Other > Viruses and worms
Persistent Malware/Viral Infection -- Help!
<< < (7/9) > >>
billfiredrake:
Regrettably, I bring bad news, Essexboy. GMER gave me a catastrophic blue screen memory dump both times I tried to use it so I gave up. As for OTL, after getting an "Access Violation at address 0040295B in module 'OTL.exe'. Read of address 001E9000" I got the logs. They're attached.

Thank you for your help!
billfiredrake:
Here's the other. Forum file size cap prevented me from including it in the previous post.
essexboy:
Unfortunately GMER does that sometimes, usually when you have a cd emulator onboard

Run OTL
[*]Under the Custom Scans/Fixes box at the bottom, paste in the following

[/list]
--- Code: ---:OTL
O4 - HKU\.DEFAULT..\Run: [khbwmxim] C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Application Data\pleawapgw\bstamwstssd.exe File not found
O4 - HKU\S-1-5-18..\Run: [khbwmxim] C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Application Data\pleawapgw\bstamwstssd.exe File not found
[2010/05/06 15:01:14 | 000,231,935 | ---- | M] () -- C:\WINDOWS\jgzr.dat

:Commands
[resethosts]
[purity]
[emptytemp]
[EMPTYFLASH]
[Reboot]
--- End code ---
[*]Then click the Run Fix button at the top
[*]Let the program run unhindered, reboot the PC when it is done
[*]Open OTL again and click the Quick Scan button. Post the log it produces in your next reply.
[/list]

THEN

Download ComboFix from one of these locations:

Link 1
Link 2

* IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your Desktop

[*]Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools

[*]Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.

[*]As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal.  It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.

[*]Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.[/list]

**Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.

Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:

Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.

When finished, it shall produce a log for you.  Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply.
billfiredrake:
New OTL Log
billfiredrake:
Combofix log. Amazing that they keep finding things...

Navigation
Message Index
Next page
Previous page

Go to full version