Author Topic: Tray icon vanished  (Read 7630 times)

panfr

Tray icon vanished
« on: February 13, 2003, 12:16:12 AM »
This has not caused me any major problem (or so I think), but after one program update and reboot the tray icon never came back (it was merged with the VRDB icon). System Win2000 SP3, using Kerio 3 beta 5 as soft firewall. No other apparent problems, the resident protection WAS alive (it was showing at the running processes, and also detected an old virus I threw in on purpose). I had the last days 2-3 annoying blue screens caused by the windows kernel, but I'd rather blame the bad condition of my CPU fan instead.
By the way the problem vanished by uninstalling and reinstalling the program- both procedures were absolutely smooth.
This post is mainly for letting the program developers know, in case this is a program bug and not a random failure due to a bad update module or whatever.
That aside (and a very bad experience when beta testing it) Avast!4 works just great, infact much better than any other AV program I have thrown in.
Keep up the good work.

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Re:Tray icon vanished
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2003, 05:41:32 PM »
Thanks.
Since you already reinstalled the program, it's probably too late to dig further, but all I can say is that such a problem has not been reported to us by anyone else so far...  ???

However, what concerns me more are the blue screens you mentioned - I frankly hope they have nothing to do with avast (we have undergone quite a torture to get our drivers to the level of stability they have now  ;)).

Thanks again
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.