Author Topic: Comodo Internet Security Complete Vrs Avast?  (Read 25273 times)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Comodo Internet Security Complete Vrs Avast?
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2010, 09:38:29 PM »
Just like Tech had some problems with CTM in the last version I have used and I never saw an issue.
Yeah... That was bad...
But I'm using the Beta of CTM as it is working very good. No "serious" problems.

@ Tech
Perhaps it isn't working as well as you might think if it is related to the problems you are seeing in the pre-release build of AIS. Running two beta builds that are at the heart of your system could well cause issues.

Perhaps you should remove CTM and reinstall AIS.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

cvsa

« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2010, 10:04:09 PM »
or returnil labs 2011 (another beta but great stability and multipartitions protection !!)

http://www.returnilvirtualsystem.com/returnil-labs

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2010, 10:08:49 PM »
Perhaps it isn't working as well as you might think if it is related to the problems you are seeing in the pre-release build of AIS. Running two beta builds that are at the heart of your system could well cause issues.
No, it works at driver level, before avast drivers are loaded. It was working perfectly with 5.0.545 stable version.
I have 5 betas right now ;D

Perhaps you should remove CTM and reinstall AIS.
No, I won't do that. I wish avast team help troubleshooting this and not start bashing other software.
I bet on network applications instead: maybe K9, maybe Mozy... But if avast does not even generate a log!
The best things in life are free.

Dch48

« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2010, 10:52:07 PM »
Nothing but problems with Comodo.
In the early days i used the firewall which was very good but as it grew there became more and more problems.
I did ,however,try latest version in part and in whole.Nothing but problems so much so that i had to reformat my hard drive.
Comodo is the biggest load of rubbish i have ever used.
I would advise to stay clear and use Avast Free and the Windows Firewall or another 3rd party firewall of which there are many.Just try each one in turn until you find one that runs perfectly on your computer.
Regards  
I am currently using only the basic Firewall part of CIS 4.1 without the HIPS or sandboxing and it works very well as a basic 2 way firewall. I think it's much better than the XP firewall which is only one way. I tried PCTools, Outpost, Online Armor, and Zone Alarm and had problems with all of them in conjunction with Avast!. Online Armor actually caused me to lose control of my hard drive. I had to redo the security settings of the drive because there were no entries for System or Administrators there any more. I was unable to use system restore or even set a page file and all I did before it happened was disable the HIPS part of OA. I booted up and it said I had no page file and I could not set one up. Then I discovered the problem with the security settings for the drive after about an hour of frantically Googling for a solution. The other firewalls had lockup problems if Avast! was running when I accessed various files for the first time. The only application that has not given me any problems alongside Avast! is Comodo.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2010, 02:40:14 PM »
We're working together and seems that pk assumptions will solve the problem.

I'd like to ask you if you can pack & send me all asw*.sys files from \Windows\System32\drivers folder. It might seem, 584 setup didn't update all drivers, thanks a lot!

Seems problems are in avast beta and network drivers.
I can reproduce the problem with easy.
I have troubles when I change the network, i.e., go from one wifi network to another.
avast service drops… I stay without protection and without connection until next boot.

GloobyGoob

« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2010, 06:59:08 PM »
I've used Comodo before. I can't put up with all of their pop-ups, and an auto-sandbox that sandboxes everything. I want a silent, yet effective firewall, and an on-demand sandbox. I prefer avast ^-^

But you should try it out yourself to see if you like it. Also, here are some reviews:
 - Comodo
 - avast!

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2010, 07:54:36 PM »
Well, there are already quite a lot of opinions here.
So, after waiting for some time, I throw my statement in the ring... ;)
I use the best of both (not the suites, as you may have guessed) and more.
A little bit of avast, a little bit of comodo and a little bit of 3rd party programs, like e.g. sandboxie...
asyn
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline SpeedyPC

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Avast shall conquer the whole world
« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2010, 08:36:50 PM »
Crikey it seem most people still don't understand how to drive a car like using Comodo Firewall Free v4.1.******.920, look at me I'm running very smooth as a baby bum ;D using Proactive Security Mode along with Firewall/Defense+/Sandbox all three protection along with Avast Anti-virus Free and everything else.

I haven't had a full bucket loads of pop-up warning problem with latest Comodo version, when I got change over from v3.14 to the latest version I only had a few pop-up warning message, I had a minor bug problem using my old profile configuration settings to activate with the latest security platform I have all my old profile settings working along with my software and games everything and not a single pop-up problem for a month ;D.

Asyn trust me ;) you won't have a problem buddy ;D you'll have yours running very smooth believe me ;D ;D ;D ;D
Gigabyte 670 LGA1200 Full ATX MB | Intel Core i9-13900 CPU/LGA 1700 | GeForce Nvidia RTX-4070/12GB | 32GB DDR4 | 2 x 1TB Samsung SSD | W11 Home 64bit | Avast Premium v23.11.6090 | Avast SecureLine VPN | Avast Secure Browser | Avast Driver Updater | Avast BreachGuard | Firefox 64bit | MalwareBytes Premium | Adguard Premium | CCleaner Portable | Macrium Reflect | 7-Zip

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2010, 08:41:49 PM »
September..! ;) (sorry, that's an insider)
asyn
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2010, 02:54:33 AM »
September..! ;) (sorry, that's an insider)
asyn

???

zfactor

« Reply #55 on: June 30, 2010, 07:24:51 AM »
first off im testing cis as well. i do agree 100% avast needs a overall better behaviour blocker for sure. otherwise i love the suite, there is a small bit of slowdown when downloading i see compared to others. i do like some things about comodo though. but overall i removed it due to it just causing my system to feel like it was dragging compared to ais5. bootup was slower file moving was slower BUT downloads were full speed as well as browsing. and i know this is because cis has no web shield which i have a love hate thing for. i hate the slowdown but i love the protection BEFORE things hit the system or even get onto the hard drive at all. with many like cis and even norton nis 2010 (to be honest still my fav suite overall but WAY to sensitive about things at times) they do let things download to the drive and then they get detected once you try to open them. i know this is okay but with the web shield they done even down load at all usually..