Author Topic: UGLY Popup Message  (Read 7057 times)

raskeaspen

Re: UGLY Popup Message
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2010, 06:56:46 PM »
For me the reason I doubted the popup was that it don't resemble anything I've seen from Avast! so far. And when it started popping up, topmost window btw, three or four times a day I thought I might have a virus. Anyway, no biggie as I got my answer from these forums straight away.

Eric March:

It is a good way to get the information out. But it is very important to ensure that the end-user knows instantly that it's coming from a legitimate source, especially since it's a form of popup you can get a lot of from shady websites.
I've seen a lot of popups from Avast! that all have a very different style, and that prompted my first reaction.

The second problem imo is that the popup is very large, always on top and appears 3-4 times a day and that only during the 6-8 hours that I spend on my home PC. If the older version will be supported until the end of this year it is too much or rather too soon to spam that big a message that much.

There is nothing wrong with the information or the offers, it's the way they are presented.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2010, 03:35:35 AM »
But it is very important to ensure that the end-user knows instantly that it's coming from a legitimate source, especially since it's a form of popup you can get a lot of from shady websites.
You've done the right thing.

If the older version will be supported until the end of this year it is too much or rather too soon to spam that big a message that much.
Well... Version 5 is out since January... Six months is rather enough time to push the upgrade. I think they're taking too long to push version 5, but it's my personal opinion. Version 4.8 R.I.P. ;D
The best things in life are free.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2010, 09:04:36 AM »
Version 4.8 R.I.P. ;D

Exactly..!! It's time to move on... ;)
asyn
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0