Author Topic: About avast website  (Read 2669 times)

ardi_sugianto

About avast website
« on: June 27, 2010, 12:29:12 PM »
hi, i just curious why avast website doesn't provide virus information(about name,variant, symptom,removal instruction) i mean like other antivirus web like mcafee, symantec or avira. i think if avast web has virus info so many people can know about virus that infected their pc and know how to remove it ;)

Offline George Yves

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Help you I can
Re: About avast website
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 01:04:32 PM »
know how to remove it ;)
Master Yoda says: "To use Avast, the only instruction is."
May the FOSS be with you!

Offline Shiw Liang

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 03:31:41 PM »
Well it is quite time wasting to do so...I guess..

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2010, 03:43:42 PM »
Hi ardi_sugianto,

I for instance try to do so in the virus and worms section, whenever it is appropriate and a manual cleansing is an option, else you could google for the name (names) of the viruses involved and read a prevx report or threatexpert report on the malware at hand to get a suggestion of removal. This could only be properly done by qualified eliminators, like: essexboy, oldman, to give the right instructions to use various specific analysis and removal tools.
Unless you are not trained to do so and not an expert yourself and interested in becoming a true malware eliminator go to geeks2go or a similar malware university online and learn under guidance.
Be extremely aware what you visit and click online, do not allow script to run inside a browser to avoid a malware infection, script is the royal vector to get malcode into a machine, do not use full admin rights, doing so is the royal road of malcode into the registry and OS, use analysis sites only with scriptblocking tools active, like NoScript and RequestPolicy and make sure malscript could not "spill over". Read, read and get educated on the subject and venture out but very, very cautiously,

good hunt,

polonus
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!

ardi_sugianto

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2010, 06:22:11 PM »
OK thanx for all replies ;D. yes i sometime like to research about virus, because virus is interesting, and i also think avast website is too simple, so i get an idea how if avast web make virus section, or maybe in avast blog ;)
Sorry for my bad english :-[
thanx for all