Author Topic: Slow? wierd.....  (Read 2667 times)

Draco86

Slow? wierd.....
« on: June 28, 2010, 07:02:36 AM »
while I wait for my other question to be answered something new poped up.
Liked I said I had a problem with my avast, I think an update went bad. I have multi screen saver scanners, took 20 mins to open up the scanner and what not.
so I uninstalled and reinstalled and welll
my computer (windows 7 OS) is going bonkers. the dns is trying to connect to avast update ip and my internet is slow the web shield is scanning but the network shield is just WOW, it is giving the same messages the dns is giving me in event log.

just tell me im not the only one and that Im crazy, I have reinstalled like 5 times and Im getting sick of it. I sorta wish I stuck with the "broke" version of avast I had lol. althrough it wasnt scanning so it defeat the whole purpose. but anyway I was reading the new patch and woundered if this was covered under it?

I dont know if it is my DNS, Avast, or my Router

my DNS, in event log, says its my router my router appears to be fine from every which way. but avast network shield is listing the same places that appears in the logs that my dns says it cant connect to

Offline DJBone

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
Re: Slow? wierd.....
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 07:58:48 AM »
Hi Draco86,

just a short (silly?) question: do you have lan- AND wlan-connection? this caused problems on my win7 with Avast! Internet-Security too.

Greetz
DJBone

(Sorry if my english isn't so good)
Win10 x64, APS (always latest version)
Avast Mobile Security (always latest version)

Draco86

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 02:35:28 PM »
Actually it was something I found out Microsoft added to my pc called Virtual WiFi. I use only wirless because I router sits ontop my cd player across the room.
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/w7itpronetworking/thread/eeb84518-903d-46d1-9398-80cf211878d7

Seriously i even upgraded to the new BETA update in hopes for change and NOTHING.

YoKenny

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 03:00:48 PM »
@ Draco86

Go to PROFILE then Modify Profile then Forum Profile Information then Signature: and put information about your system just like my signature about your system just like my signature so that the helpers can offer pertinent advice.

In Account Related Settings select Hide email address from public to prevent scammers and spammers harvesting your yahoo.com email address.

Draco86

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2010, 03:27:44 AM »
wow thanks, actually I didnt know those settings were around.
I am making those changes you suggested as we speak.
Im not sure if avast is causeing my slowness on internet but let me put it to you like this..... 5 mins to load replie while less than 10 secs to get to avast.
its weird
I uninstalled that Vitural Driver that microsoft put on my pc and that helps a little bit. event viewer shows nothing read just a few sony errors I havent resolved yet.

I will be preping a new laptop for someone on wednesday on my network. if the problem continues then I will call att even through the router says nothing either.

i just hate knowing something is wrong but not knowing sucks lol I wish windows 7 had a magic repair cd.