Author Topic: Avast 5 Free Wont fix itself  (Read 2470 times)

kylehockey1

Avast 5 Free Wont fix itself
« on: June 28, 2010, 09:06:49 PM »
Avast 5 Free edition:
In avast whenever i start up my computer it says Avast isn't on. I go to the User interface and I click "Fix Now" and nothing happened so I clicked "Start Program" and nothing happened!  :o :o :o ??? ??? ??? >:( >:( >:( I have tried this about 10 times and nothing happened! >:( So I uninstalled avast! I just want this to stop because this is probably the 6 time I have uninstalled and reinstalled avast. PLEASE HELP THANKS  ;D

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Avast 5 Free Wont fix itself
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 11:45:40 PM »
I suggest an installation from scratch:

1. Download the latest version of avast! Uninstall Utility and save it.
2. Download the latest avast! version and save it.
3. Uninstall avast from Control Panel (if possible). If, for any reason, you can't run it, try booting in Safe Mode and doing it from there. Anyway, boot after that.
4. Run the avast! Uninstall Utility saved on 1. If, for any reason, you can't run it, try booting in Safe Mode and doing it from there. Anyway, boot after you've run it.
5. Install avast! using the setup saved on 2. Boot.
6. Register your free copy or add the license key for Pro.
7. Check and post the results.

Maybe you could test the latest 5.0.590 beta version. It's stable and solve some issues with the protection status for me.
The best things in life are free.

aname

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 11:48:01 PM »
Mine is doing the same thing right now. It just started doing this about an hour ago. It's the weirdest thing. If I re install the free version will it mess with the trial length?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 11:53:32 PM »
Look, avast has (or had) an antipiracy feature that decreases the trial period from 30 (it was 60) days to 6 days.
I'm not sure it's there. But it does not affect the free registration.
The best things in life are free.