Author Topic: Settings for Full System Scan&Removable System Scan can no longer be modified?  (Read 3008 times)

ziucqea

It seems that in 5.0.945,  settings for 'Sensitivity' and 'Packer'  of  Full System Scan&Removable System Scan can no longer be modified. And the default  'Heuristic sensitivity' for quick scan is Low, and Full System Scan 'Medium'. Why is it so? Moreover, it's not calrified in the upgrade log of 5.0.594. There will be guys unaware of the change and scanning their computer to find avast! detect less threats than they expected, won't there? And why does avast! disable these settings?

Gargamel360

Basically I believe they did it to help with troubleshooting.  So when someone says "I was running a full scan, then something bad happened", they will know what exact scan settings where being used.  Same for quick scan.

Anything you could do by changing the full or quick scan settings, you should be able to do the same thing with a custom scan anyway.

So it seems it was a little redundant by default, they just simplified things.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 06:43:23 AM by Gargamel360 »

bo.elam

It seems that in 5.0.945,  settings for 'Sensitivity' and 'Packer'  of  Full System Scan&Removable System Scan can no longer be modified. And the default  'Heuristic sensitivity' for quick scan is Low, and Full System Scan 'Medium'. Why is it so? Moreover, it's not calrified in the upgrade log of 5.0.594. There will be guys unaware of the change and scanning their computer to find avast! detect less threats than they expected, won't there? And why does avast! disable these settings?

If you create your own scan, like Gargamel360 suggest, you can create your own Full System scan with settings as you wish.
Bo

ziucqea

Yeah, I created a customer scan the moment I found the default settings for Full System Scan

Gargamel360

You where not happy with the defaults?

Just curious about what you tweaked.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
It's not that the settings "can no longer be modified" - in previous avast! versions, those pages were not even displayed there, so you certainly couldn't have modified them either.

ziucqea

It's not that the settings "can no longer be modified" - in previous avast! versions, those pages were not even displayed there, so you certainly couldn't have modified them either.
'Those' pages? Do you mean in pevious version you couldn't find the page where the settings chould be modified?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 11:15:10 AM by ziucqea »

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Yes, that's correct (for the default tasks only, of course).

ziucqea

They couldbe modified. Maybe you didn't heed it?