Author Topic: why does my avast 5 home edition blocks my traffic?  (Read 2847 times)

homeoshare

why does my avast 5 home edition blocks my traffic?
« on: June 30, 2010, 07:14:47 PM »
its been 3 days since  i found out it blocks my traffic. i know it because only when i turn shields off, it allows me to browse on the internet.  i used to have the same problem with former avast 4.8 home edition, and due to this fact i left it for a long time and used other anti virus.
i decided to retry it, but it seems that no one can help me to solve this problem.
i have tried several things by playing and changing the setting, but as i said- they all failed.
hope to find at least one expert that could hep me to figure out why it happens, and how to solve this problem.

please your help a.s.a.p  i'm going slightly mad  ;)

thanks a lot

homeoshare

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: why does my avast 5 home edition blocks my traffic?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 07:59:07 PM »
Do you have a firewall ?

homeoshare

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2010, 08:11:33 PM »
off course i have firewall. but, when i turn the firewall off it is still not working.  when i turn avast's shields off, i can freely browse on the internet.
i believe i am missing something on the settings of this software.
am using xp pro and Nvidia firewall in case it helps someone.

thanks again

homeoshare

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2010, 08:29:52 PM »
Well some firewall when you supposedly switch them off, still have drivers/services running and could block previously blocked applications.

Does the Nvidia firewall allow avastSvc.exe internet access ?
- If it does delete the entry for it and reconnect to the internet, this should force the firewall to ask permission again.

Does the Nvidia firewall have a training/learning mode, if so try enabling that also ?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

homeoshare

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2010, 08:16:54 AM »
thanks a lot guys  ;D  .
well, after changing the settings of my Nvidia firewall nothing worked.  therefore i decided to restore to factory settings, and after performing this action the miracle happened!!!
i now can browse freely on the net without traffic jams  ;)
thanks a lot

could never believe it was just a stupid firewall.

all the best

HOMEOSHARE

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2010, 03:50:00 PM »
You're welcome, glad that you have finally sorted it.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security