Author Topic: Question About Log Viewer From A Newbie  (Read 2399 times)

jnkyrd

Question About Log Viewer From A Newbie
« on: July 27, 2004, 06:46:39 AM »
I just installed avast4 on the 22nd.  Using XP SP2, ZA4.5, Webwasher3.3 and four Eudora 6 accounts.

I did notice that the MailWizard seemed to only update one account at a time.  So I ended up opening and closing each account and then running MailWizard after each.  Gave me the result I wanted so no complaints but there likely is a slicker way.

I have a couple of questions about the log and the log viewer.

Under File>>Settings the pointer is set to level "Notice".  Does that mean that events above notice are not logged?  Do I need to change this setting?

Secondly & this is very minor - when I click for small icons, the attribute doesn't stick.  When I re-open the log the icons have reverted to large.

Everything else is very straight forward.  Either that or I have been extremely lucky in not having a problem or not finding something that I couldn't understand.

BTW - I installed it on a friend's computer.  He is a total illiterate and even he understands and loves this AV program.

I am impressed ;D

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re:Question About Log Viewer From A Newbie
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2004, 06:53:39 PM »
Hi jnkyrd, welcome to the forums.

I did notice that the MailWizard seemed to only update one account at a time.  So I ended up opening and closing each account and then running MailWizard after each.  Gave me the result I wanted so no complaints but there likely is a slicker way.

Endura should be closed when Mail Protection Wizard is running, so this may have been one of the problems???

I think that it actually works from the top down, my settings are actually set at Error, the lower settings are to help should you experience problems, this helps the developers to assecc the problem, etc.

Guess what it doesn't stick in mine either, having just tried it, I also didn't like the small icons, I'm running at a screen resolution of 1280x1024, so small is too small.

HTH David
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security