Author Topic: Behavior shield reports infected item  (Read 35032 times)

SafeSurf

Re: Behavior shield reports infected item
« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2010, 10:56:01 AM »
To answer your question DavidR., I can agree with the other posters here that there is absolutely no information given in a Behavior Shield Report File, which is in a Notepad format other than the Behavior Shield "is started."  If you click on Show Traffic History, you can detail it down to the day, and scroll your mouse over it to pinpoint the time, but other than that you get no additional information.

Crofty and I have both run the usual complete Avast scans (Full and Boot), on-demand scanners, and I have a behavioral scanner...all come out clean. 

I PM'd the Avast Team to alert them of the situation but have heard nothing back other than the post you see above and we are being politely patient.  But as you can see, it is happening to others who are now being more observant.  I do believe this is something that has to be investigated by the devs., as you can see from my initial posts.

YoKenny

« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2010, 12:23:35 PM »
again how can i take a snapshot of this shield so that i can upload it. do i need any software......

As you do not have anything in your signature it is hard to recommend how to take a snapshot of the shields.

You could go to PROFILE then Modify Profile then Forum Profile Information then Signature: and put information about your system just like my signature about your system just like my signature so that the helpers can offer pertinent advice.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 12:25:33 PM by YoKenny »

TheRedGuy

« Reply #47 on: July 30, 2010, 02:54:15 AM »
I have had the same but with 2 instances of infections showing but no way of knowing what they are. Has this issue been resolved at all?

all scans come up clean but avast 5 has no log for the behaviour shield that shows what the infections were

Light Archangel

« Reply #48 on: July 30, 2010, 06:09:23 AM »
We are waiting for an answer  ::)

crofty59

« Reply #49 on: July 30, 2010, 07:48:13 AM »
I have now had 12 items showing infected in Behavior shield, with no details about any of them.

Would be nice to know if i have a real problem 0n the comp, or just FP with behavioral shield.

Cheers :)

Offline Snagglegrain

« Reply #50 on: July 30, 2010, 10:10:13 PM »
I also have 12 infected items showing in the Behavior Shield for the last one month.
No explanations or reports as to what these infections may have been.
--> In case it's relevant, 1951 items have been scanned since March 2008.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 12:09:44 AM by Snagglegrain »

Offline fr.grieco

« Reply #51 on: July 30, 2010, 11:45:23 PM »
Same situation here. 18 infected items in the last month, none before.

Dch48

« Reply #52 on: July 30, 2010, 11:52:29 PM »
Still nothing here since I installed Avast! back in early May. Only 402 items have been scanned in that time.

SafeSurf

« Reply #53 on: July 31, 2010, 09:02:04 AM »
My Behavior Shield has been working all along when others complained it wasn't working, so I have 2,033 items scanned over the past year, with 7 "infected items."  I'd still like to know what this means since the reports are meaningless and on-demand scanners indicate no problem.  It would be nice to know if this will be fixed with 5.1 or prior to that.

Diazruanova

« Reply #54 on: August 08, 2010, 03:36:31 PM »
Same problem here and still no answers from avast?

crofty59

« Reply #55 on: October 03, 2010, 07:57:20 AM »
The team will be investigating this issue but please have patience as it is the holiday season right now and so the answer might take some time 8)

Just curious has there been any developments with this problem.
I am still having the same problem.

Cheers

Dch48

« Reply #56 on: October 03, 2010, 09:09:26 AM »
Okay I now have two items showing as being blocked by the Behavior Shield but there's no information anywhere as to what they were or why they were blocked.

SafeSurf

« Reply #57 on: October 03, 2010, 09:28:56 AM »
The team will be investigating this issue but please have patience as it is the holiday season right now and so the answer might take some time 8)
I agree...problem still exists.  Can Avast let us know if this is going to be fixed with the 5.1 release for all OS's?

polled

« Reply #58 on: October 03, 2010, 02:05:36 PM »
I can't see the details of the 2 items that were blocked by the Behavior Shield either.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 08:24:14 AM by polled »

crofty59

« Reply #59 on: October 09, 2010, 01:56:35 AM »

Just curious has there been any developments with this problem.
I am still having the same problem.

Cheers
I do believe i am patient, but it has now been over 3 months since a reply from avast.
In my opinion this is not very good public relations.

Please don't reply they may be to busy etc.

Cheers