Author Topic: Behavior shield reports infected item  (Read 34389 times)

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
Re: Behavior shield reports infected item
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2010, 08:21:32 PM »
That's a lot of activity in BS. Haven't ever seen it so much in daily basis. It's usually just here and there and then nothing for 3 days. But here in your case, the same amount daily. Something looks weird.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2010, 09:18:20 PM »
That isn't for a day but the Weekly stats. I'm seeing more activity of the Behaviour Shield, typically it is when the system has just started and very little after that. No detections though, not that I expect any.

Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

sanctuaryforever

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2010, 11:12:52 PM »
Same situation as DavidR, on boot up theres activity but nothing after that and no detections as of yet (not that I personally want to see any :))

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2010, 11:37:21 PM »
Yes it isn't long ago that everyone was saying there is no behaviour shield activity, now they are saying what's all this activity about ;D
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

crofty59

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2010, 06:57:29 AM »
Yes it isn't long ago that everyone was saying there is no behaviour shield activity, now they are saying what's all this activity about ;D

Hi
I am not asking about the activity i am having with the behavior shield, but just enquiring is there a way to find out what was the infected item as i do not know what was blocked. ;)

Cheers 

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2010, 08:42:36 AM »
That isn't for a day but the Weekly stats. I'm seeing more activity of the Behaviour Shield, typically it is when the system has just started and very little after that. No detections though, not that I expect any.

No, i'm talking about huge spikes every day. I don't care how it's displayed, i care what it's displaying... And so many events every day is odd.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

SafeSurf

« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2010, 08:57:09 AM »
I am not asking about the activity i am having with the behavior shield, but just enquiring is there a way to find out what was the infected item as i do not know what was blocked.

The OP is trying to find out if he was infected or had a FP.  At this point the answer is unknown.

@ RejZoR, these spikes are not uncommon, and depending on your activity (what you are doing with your machine), you may or may not see more spikes.  I don't think the number of spikes is the issue here, it is as the OP mentioned...does he have an infection or is this a FP.

crofty59

« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2010, 10:12:37 AM »
I have just checked the behaviour shield and there is now two infections, going by the shield.
Once again no pop up warning and nothing in the virus chest.

I am now starting to get concerned, once again i can not check.
Can anyone from avast give me a clue to what i could do to check this out.

Once again did scans nothing showed up .

Edit; not sure if this is just a coincidence, but i never received any warnings before i updated to Version 5.0.594
Cheers
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 10:26:55 AM by crofty59 »

SafeSurf

« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2010, 10:38:38 AM »
I have just checked the behaviour shield and there is now two infections, going by the shield.

I am now starting to get concerned, once again i can not check.
Can anyone from avast give me a clue to what i could do to check this out.

Not sure if this is just a coincidence, but i never received any warnings before i updated to Version 5.0.594.

I'm not sure people were really looking at their Behavior Shield before this build, but I bet they are now.

I think a Avast Team Member, dev. or Vlk should take a look at this.  I'm sure the issue will come up again with others, but it would be nice to be able to help you now.

crofty59

« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2010, 10:50:41 AM »

I'm not sure people were really looking at their Behavior Shield before this build, but I bet they are now.

I think a Avast Team Member, dev. or Vlk should take a look at this.  I'm sure the issue will come up again with others, but it would be nice to be able to help you now.

It would be nice  ;D

Cheers

k.u.r.t

« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2010, 11:29:43 AM »
If i check Behavior shield through "Real Time Shields" button it shows nothing, but if i check through Summary button and click on statistics, then it shows activity like in the attachment i uploaded. 

Cheers
Try going to Real Time Shields > Behavior shield and click the "Show report file" button. Does it reveal anything of interest?

crofty59

« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2010, 11:36:07 AM »
All that shows up is when i boot up the computer, shows what time the  Behavior shield started.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 11:47:04 AM by crofty59 »

crofty59

« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2010, 07:25:20 AM »
I don't mean to be pushy, but could anyone answer these

When you get a infected item in   Behavior shield, should there be a pop up warning you.
Should there be a description some where in a log file etc.
Should anything be sent to the Virus Chest or is it just blocked and no file goes anywhere.

Just seems strange if something is blocked, but don't know what it was.

I also ran a boot scan with unpack archives Files, scan for potentially unwanted programs (pups), and Heuristics set high and all was clean.

Cheers

Torriceli

« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2010, 11:27:21 AM »
I got the same problem here (Xp Sp3) in beheviour shield is one infected item but no warning and cant find anything in report file.After a deep scan still nothing.It be nice to know what is hapening.

SafeSurf

« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2010, 11:40:14 AM »
Hi Torriceli,

The problem still has not been resolved.  Do you have free MBAM (Malwarebytes Anti-malware) on your machine http://www.malwarebytes.org/?  If not, download the free version and run a Full Scan.  If anything comes up positive, report it back here (cut and paste the report).

Otherwise, keep checking back to this thread until we hear from the devs. or the Avast Team as to how to resolve this problem.  Thank you.