Author Topic: need help with the installation process!  (Read 13772 times)

CharleyO

Re: need help with the installation process!
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2010, 02:25:51 PM »

I don´t think it is a problem of malware. Just after installing windows, the first thing I did after using internet was looking into google for avast antivirus.

If you used the Internet without any AV protection, there is a good chance that your computer is already infected.
Please take Asyn's & Safesurf's advice and run MBAM to be sure. Update MBAM before running it.

Elfocatan

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2010, 11:18:16 AM »
I havent run any avast scan, since I could not install it in the first place.

I have already done a full scan by using MBAM, and only few malwares were discovered.

The Blue screen appears only when I install avast!, and I think that is because I try to install it without having been able to remove the previous avast installation.

Any more clues?

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2010, 11:43:01 AM »
1. I have already done a full scan by using MBAM, and only few malwares were discovered.

2. The Blue screen appears only when I install avast!, and I think that is because I try to install it without having been able to remove the previous avast installation.

1. Only few..?? ;D What was found..? Can you post the Mbam log..?
2. Did you run the uninstall utility in safe mode..??
asyn
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

SafeSurf

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2010, 11:50:41 AM »
The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.  Copy & Paste the entire report in your next reply.

If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts -- Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process; If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately.
Did MBAM quarantine the infection or ask you to do something else?  You stated that MBAM discovered a few malware, so what did you do with them?

If I understand correctly, you are still not able to uninstall and do a clean install of Avast.  Is this correct?  There is malware that prevents antivirus (AV) from being installed or working correctly, so this may be the problem given that this is a new computer but you went on the Internet unprotected and could have picked up something. 

You have no other security software on this machine including firewall (FW)?

CharleyO

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2010, 06:38:11 PM »

If you will post a HijackThis log, one of us will analyze it and see if we can find something amiss that way. You can get it at the link below.

Please download HijackThis from the link below. Do not download HJT to the desktop but instead download it into it's own folder on the hard drive.

Run the program but do not make any fixes and then post the log results using the "copy & paste" method. It will probably take more than one post to be able to get the complete log posted.

OR, you can post it as an attachment to your post by clicking on "Additional Options..." below left of the posting box. 

When you post the log, be sure to include the complete log ... header and ending.
Someone will review your log and then offer help.

http://filehippo.com/download_hijackthis/