Author Topic: How do i delete web shield history.  (Read 12274 times)

Mrlinkwait

How do i delete web shield history.
« on: July 02, 2010, 07:32:32 PM »
I've been going around the internet trying to find a birthday present for a friend.
He uses my computer quite allot and dont wont him to come across the websites i've been on.
Is there anyway i can delete web shield history?

GloobyGoob

Re: How do i delete web shield history.
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2010, 07:59:30 PM »
Hi there,

To delete the report file: Go to C:/ > ProgramData > Alwil Software > Avast5 > Report > and then delete WebShield.txt

To prevent the WebShield from making more logs: Open up the Avast GUI, go to Real-time Shields tab > Web Shield > Expert Settings > and uncheck "Generate Report File" (See Screenshot below)

I hope this helps :)

Mrlinkwait

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2010, 08:24:19 PM »
Thanks so much.

love your king k rool pic.

GloobyGoob

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2010, 08:51:00 PM »
Your welcome.

love your king k rool pic.
:)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2010, 09:10:42 PM »
I've been going around the internet trying to find a birthday present for a friend.
He uses my computer quite allot and dont wont him to come across the websites i've been on.

What web shield history ?

Have you actually looked in the file mentioned or clicked on the Show report file link in the Real-Time Shields, Web Shield section. By default the only site/s it records are those where alerts are recorded. So unless you have changed the Report file settings OK items, then there is no meaningful history of where you have been only if you had an alert or a Hard error.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Giraffe

• I'm not a Lama!
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2010, 11:21:18 PM »

What web shield history ?

Have you actually looked in the file mentioned or clicked on the Show report file link in the Real-Time Shields, Web Shield section. By default the only site/s it records are those where alerts are recorded. So unless you have changed the Report file settings OK items, then there is no meaningful history of where you have been only if you had an alert or a Hard error.

I wonder which sites might generate a Hard Error!

BTW, the files can't be deleted while the Shields are on. Rather than turn off the Shields, I set Eraser to delete the files on boot. There was a line from today that showed a problem that happened with my on-line bank! Don't ask what it was, as I don't know what happenned - just put it down to starting to use Opera 10.6.
W7 Pro SP1 32 bit
Intel Core i5 5675C; 4GB DDR3 1600 RAM
Avast!: 2328; Comodo Firewall

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2010, 12:55:52 AM »
I doubt it is sites that generate the error but an avast one related to the web shield, I don't believe I have ever had one, it is I guess just a general debug option.

I haven't a clue what a hard error would be if it hit me on the head, ouch ;D

If course they can't be deleted that what the self-defence module is doing, trying to protect all avast files and registry entries from deletion, modification, etc.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security