Author Topic: 1st time user of AVAST, cple of questions plz  (Read 12929 times)

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
Re:1st time user of AVAST, cple of questions plz
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2004, 02:09:30 AM »
Are you guys serious about breaking CD's?  I've broken loads of them and never had anything like that happen.
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

AA55US

PLZ last question(s)
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2004, 12:20:02 PM »
hello everyone hope U are well,
well its been 24 hours since installed AVAST antivirus and so far I really like it,
watching ,(the little blue globe) spin when I open a webpage or my email is nice,
question(s)
#1,,does this mean it is scanning the site/page??

On the download page the company states this, (and this is what i downloaded & then registered it)
"""vast! 4 Home Edition is a full-featured antivirus package designed exclusively for home users, non-commercial users. Both conditions should be met! Our company offers Home Edition free of charge, since in our opinion, it is possible to avoid global virus spreading by efficient prevention; however, many user are not able or do not want to pay for antivirus software. This page will show you the most important features of this program

#2, I am confuzzzzzzzz, do I  ( or would it be more protection items,) need a license for my copy of AVAST, ( a home user,NOT A BUSINESS,nor any business out of home) justa a private user of AVAST

Thank u again for the help & info,
you "'TAKE CARE"",ok, ""AA55US"

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2004, 01:10:07 PM »
Yes for first question and no for second. You do have to register a Home Edition for FREE,so you can use it beyond 60 days period (for 14 months) and then you re-register for free again.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

AA55US

PLZ still LEARNING,
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2004, 03:23:13 PM »
hello all, hope you are well, Plz just downloaded & REGISTERED the AVAST,(free version)4.1 and it is working great, but Plz can someone tell me how I get to or find the "'settings" page for this antivirus, I cannot seem to find it,thank U & take care ok,

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2004, 04:00:02 PM »
Avast home doesn't have much settings. To change them, just open the onaccess scanner and make the changes you want, or start Avast and do it there. As explained in the manual!

bman

« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2004, 05:51:17 PM »
avast! Standard shield covers all possible ways to infect your computer.
All other plug-ins we can call as add-on. If you don't use for example Internet mail plug-in, you will be covered by Standard shield.

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2004, 07:37:19 PM »
Actually these plug-ins are called "providers" ;) but the purpose is nearly the same for both words ;) And regarding number of settings in Home Edition... It offers much more options then any other free AV compared to commercial one. I'm using a Pro version and i hardly ever run the Enhanced Interface(i just liked the PUSH update system very much). Most of things i set up in On-Access Panel.
Even predefined commands can be set in On-Access Panel. They are a bit limited,but most of you would use such anyway (Silent mode with answer NO).

AA55US

I HOPE last question
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2004, 11:04:47 PM »
hello EVERYONE,& THANK U so much for the hreat help,avast has been on for 24 hours and
IT IS G R E A T,tell my friends about it, so they may come in here also,theres so much i don't know,
i hope this is the last question,
IF U DON'T MIND PLZ,,

when or after a custom scan,(say i open every file on both drives & in MY DOCUMENT FOLDER & folders on desk top) and run a scan ok..

IS there a way or wher do i look to see the TOTAL # of files scanned, Thank u again & take care ok, "AA"

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2004, 07:30:31 AM »
For On-Demand scan you will se the file count number in display area of the interface when the scan is in process,in On-Access (Real-time) you just have to left-click on that "a" ball next to the clock and click on each provider. You will see the scanned files count number in the lower right corner for each provider.

AA55US

oh ok, THANK U AGAIN
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2004, 04:45:05 PM »
all working great, THANK U EVERYONE, for all the help,i did my first full vius scan last night, (useing AVAST, which was C,D,drives folders MY DOCUMENT,desktop folders NEW ITEMS,TESTERS and the results WAS very mcu like my EX antivirus,,
BOO HISS,
7-15-04 norton virus scan-all clean 81075
(but in this # is also included symantec items)

7-24-04 AVAST virus scan 71929
« Last Edit: July 25, 2004, 04:50:29 PM by AA55US »