Author Topic: Avast+The Pirate Bay Slow  (Read 21421 times)

devilsnight228

Avast+The Pirate Bay Slow
« on: July 05, 2010, 07:33:44 PM »
Ever since I have installed Avast, The Pirate Bay is slow whenever I visit that site.
Does Avast do something to that site?

Hermite15

Re: Avast+The Pirate Bay Slow
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2010, 07:39:33 PM »
Ever since I have installed Avast, The Pirate Bay is slow whenever I visit that site.
Does Avast do something to that site?

;D

Aethec

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2010, 09:42:15 PM »
You do know that 99.9% of things on torrents are illegal, and a good part of those contain viruses, right ?  ;D

devilsnight228

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2010, 09:46:29 PM »
yes I realize that, however; Avast, MalwareBytes, Kaspersky, and others would not be making any money or having any customers if it weren't for viruses.  ;)

Hermite15

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2010, 09:58:34 PM »
yes I realize that, however; Avast, MalwareBytes, Kaspersky, and others would not be making any money or having any customers if it weren't for viruses.  ;)

wow, good argument, thanks for contributing then, to TPB and its users ;D ::) ...and in the meantime, deactivate avast and help yourself on TPB :D

Offline Vladimyr

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Super(massive black hole) Poster
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2010, 07:00:20 AM »
I hadn't thought of that. I'll start reverse-engineering some exploits writing right away!  ::)
There is a way that seems right to a man,
       but in the end it leads to death
.” - Proverbs 16:25

CharleyO

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2010, 04:01:41 PM »

Wow, it always amazes me that anyone who uses any AV program (no matter the brand) complains when they can not go to known bad sites such as TPB. Why do they even bother using an AV program anyway?   ???

Offline firzen771

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2010, 04:04:19 PM »

Wow, it always amazes me that anyone who uses any AV program (no matter the brand) complains when they can not go to known bad sites such as TPB. Why do they even bother using an AV program anyway?   ???

to provide some protection against the stuff their searching perhaps...
Windows 7 x64 / Windows Firewall OFF / UAC OFF
Real-Time: Avast Internet Security / WinPatrol

Hermite15

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2010, 04:41:36 PM »

while wishing at the same time that the security software wouldn't interfere yeah ;D ... like the OP here.

Offline firzen771

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2010, 05:44:47 PM »

while wishing at the same time that the security software wouldn't interfere yeah ;D ... like the OP here.

well idk about him, but he seemed to complain that it just slowed down the site, not that it interfered with whatever he was downloading perhaps, so its not really interfering with him doin what he wants, just slowing it down. im sure if u disable the webguard u wont feel any slowdown.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2010, 05:48:22 PM »
I wouldn't disable Web Shield (specially in that kind of sites) regardless the performance.
The best things in life are free.

Hermite15

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2010, 06:02:16 PM »
I wouldn't disable Web Shield (specially in that kind of sites) regardless the performance.

+1, but you can't protect people against their own will. They want a thing and its contrary at the same time. And it's the same guys showing up here if they get infected, accusing eventually Avast of missing a threat ::)

Offline -Genesis-

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2010, 06:30:24 PM »
Its not Avast causing slow on browsing on PB but its really on PB has the problem.

Tested by me.
Windows 11 Pro / Windows Defender/
Ryzen 5 1600/ Aorus Gtx 1080Ti Xtreme/ Gskill Trident Z RGB 3000/ Samsung Evo 250GB/ Western Digital Black 1 TB

disPlay

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2010, 06:48:34 PM »
I experiment also to go to the TPB and everything went fine.

Offline firzen771

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2010, 09:51:35 PM »

ther is nothing malicious about The Pirate Bay itself, some of its downloads can occasionally have viruses, but the site is completely clean so it makes no difference.