Author Topic: avast 5 can not update though proxy  (Read 27029 times)

Offline turitopa

Re: avast 5 can not update though proxy
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2010, 06:38:00 AM »
Could you please advise each update version where the syncer has changed?
I have no idea of that...

I will look up each version since 5.0.507 and then will list it.

I actually have Zone Alarm Free firewall on each client PC
Well, delete the avast entries into ZA settings. Boot. Allow avast to connect again.

I was having trouble at the gateway Firewall, not on my client (my client HTTP 403 error was due to the syncer agent changing with each Avast program update, I had to adjust gateway to allow the new syncer - i will need to do this every time the Syncer changes with a program update).  ZA settings only effect the client.

This way I can still restrict my domain users from accessing the internet, but still allow virus updates to occur with no user intervention.

thanks 

davideflores

« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2010, 08:12:24 PM »
Well, in a simply words... How can I solve this error "Can't install VPS update. Please, report following error codes: Ver. 5.0.507   SI: 0x00000002   ST: 0xFFFFFFFE  LE: 0x00000000."

I try to understand all the explanations to solve this, but I'm not an expert to handle the computer.

Only need a simply explanation and the steps to solve it.

I've win vista home basic, and previously I had installed avast ver 4.8... and never had problem with manually update in the previous version, and now that i have the new version, can't update easily...

Please help me!!!

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2010, 10:32:18 PM »
davideflores, I think it will be better you start a new topic (own thread) for it as your problem does not seem to be related with the previous posters' ones.
The best things in life are free.

Offline turitopa

« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2010, 12:34:26 AM »
Hello all...

Ok I had this problem show up again on 2 of my PC's in my LAN...
It looks as though updating thru proxy on these 2 PC's is broken...

[I have Endian Firewall (EFW) sitting on my perimeter so port 80 and 445 are blocked, i update thru squid proxy with authentication enabled]

all other PC's can update thru proxy using auth.  But these 2 particular PC's do not get through Proxy...
when I look through my avast setup.log I can see that avast is still trying to connect using port 80 instead of using my proxy...

These 2 particular PC's have been Repaired using the Windows CD, I am wondering now if that has something to do with it.

The really weird thing is that I opened port 80 on my EFW and then switched avast updates to no proxy and it works...
I cannot leave port 80 open as this will allow all users access to http, I MUST restrict users from the internet by blocking that port...

I have done numerous un-installs re-installs but I keep getting the same problem...
So it looks as though Avast proxy updating may get broken (maybe when you do a Windows repair) and there is no way (that i know of) to fix avast using a proxy once it's broken.