Author Topic: Release Date?  (Read 31535 times)

williamstam

Release Date?
« on: July 08, 2010, 06:34:11 PM »
hi... they said release date was sometime in the summer... and more definate release date?

cant help but feel our network is left insecure. 4.8 doesn't run so nicely on win7 machines... and the resource hogging is :(

Offline scythe944

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • My Tech Blog
Re: Release Date?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 08:19:41 PM »
I asked this already and no, they haven't answered yet.

Trust me, a lot of people are waiting for the new release as well, including myself.  I have at least 6 customers to upgrade and more are sure to follow.
For generic computer (not avast) problems, you can also visit my forum for help: http://www.jacobytech.net/forum

wpn

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2010, 11:46:32 PM »
avast runs perfectly on my win7 x64 laptop and running perfectly on my coworkers win 7 x32 laptop

they gave an ESTIMATED date of sometime this summer, since the lack of information (once again) about any progress i assume they ain't releasing before September....  but if it goes like the v5 client then i forsee sad future regarding support for the newest software from microsoft and avast protection

but we try to keep hopes up and we will see this summer what new software will be released

Offline Yanto.Chiang

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Soli Deo Gloria
    • PT Garuda Sinatriya Globalindo
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2010, 12:05:01 PM »
Hi WPN,

How are you doing?

By the way, we don't see that avast! software keep informing their development progress for ADNM v.5.0 either in forum or blog of avast! antivirus.

We hope may see their developing progress to know what and how is the features of new ADNM.

cheers,
Yanto Chiang | IT Security Consultants | AVAST Premium Security | GarudaSinatriya

wpn

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2010, 10:54:41 PM »
hi yanto, im fine thnx.... i assume your fine too judged on the fact your posting here :)

we indeed hope to get SOME information soon...
its actually getting important for me now, i am finally started on getting the new data center and we will run all the newest from MS server side....
today i installed a virtual machine with domain controller and exchange 2010... i was able to install the netclient on the exchange server with the exchange plugin but i couldnt check if the plugin was actually running.... the exchange services are running tho.... so i GUESS its doing ok
but i cant sell that to my management... "hey i paid a couple thousand euro for anti virus protection including mailbox protection but now we got new software i cant garantee our anti virus software is working, though luck if we get hit by a virus right!"

so hopefully we get more info soon...

Offline scythe944

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • My Tech Blog
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2010, 08:50:23 PM »
I just got off the phone with a reseller in the US, and I don't know if I'm allowed to say this or not (it's not official) but he says it's coming out in September.

They're just working on finishing up the ADNM console and are still having problems with the Sandbox on Windows XP (no sound works through programs in the sandbox, however Vista and 7 work fine).

At least that's something to look forward to (the release date).
For generic computer (not avast) problems, you can also visit my forum for help: http://www.jacobytech.net/forum

wpn

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2010, 09:08:38 PM »
sounds good.....  hopefully its not just a wild guess from the reseller.... heard that before too.... but it sounds wonderful

Offline Yanto.Chiang

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Soli Deo Gloria
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2010, 07:34:23 AM »
Hi Sycthe944,

We don't yet heard from avast software about the release date, just wonder the source information of avast reseller at US?

cheers,
Yanto Chiang | IT Security Consultants | AVAST Premium Security | GarudaSinatriya

ricky120

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2010, 11:25:39 AM »
i am also looking for the release date.. but i could not find it in the avast website also.. they did not gave any specific date...  :o

Halpern

Offline scythe944

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • My Tech Blog
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2010, 07:12:53 AM »
i am also looking for the release date.. but i could not find it in the avast website also.. they did not gave any specific date...  :o

Halpern

That's because they don't have one yet.  ;D

qfcraig

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2010, 09:01:44 PM »
So if I'm inferring from this thread correctly, Avast is supposedly coming out with a new version of ADNM? Which we're hoping will support the latest version of the AV software?
Well I am anyway.

Offline scythe944

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • My Tech Blog
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2010, 05:18:31 PM »
So if I'm inferring from this thread correctly, Avast is supposedly coming out with a new version of ADNM? Which we're hoping will support the latest version of the AV software?
Well I am anyway.

Yes, they are working on the new release of ADNM (will be called the Small Business Console or something) that will work with 5.x versions of avast.

mhammett

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2010, 04:34:00 PM »
*sigh*

cmarcan

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2010, 07:05:55 PM »
I'm thinking we want our money back soon.  I just did an AMS Update and it's still showing the lastest version as Feb 19, 2010.  We paid a lot of money for a 3yr license.  AVAST seems to be ignoring the corporate market completely.  If they don't come up with something soon we're gonna need our money back and switch to another product.

Offline Yanto.Chiang

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Soli Deo Gloria
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2010, 11:44:45 PM »
I'm thinking we want our money back soon.  I just did an AMS Update and it's still showing the lastest version as Feb 19, 2010.  We paid a lot of money for a 3yr license.  AVAST seems to be ignoring the corporate market completely.  If they don't come up with something soon we're gonna need our money back and switch to another product.

Hi cmarcan,

Please be more patient, since Ondrej has been announced the new version of ADNM version 5 shall released on the january 2011.

cheers,