Author Topic: Release Date?  (Read 31551 times)

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Release Date?
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2011, 04:01:42 PM »
I just got an email from avast sales, and there is no more v5 admn, v6 is in "internal beta testing".  I've been hearing THAT for a LONG LONG time now that there's a version in beta testing and "should be out soon". 

Well, it's true. :)
asyn
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

dynamic

« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2011, 09:49:30 PM »
It's also true it's been frustrating for a long time too  ;)

Seriously - our license for 70 machines is up in April, which means I need to buy something within the next month or two.  I'd like to stay with Avast, but it's not very encouraging to do so when there's been no news or release date in ages.  Yes, the client scanner is good enough (though it'd be nice to see an update there), but ADNM could really use some help, and it'd be nice to see that before buying rather than throwing down money again and hoping for the best.

So Avast - throw us a bone?

Offline scythe944

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • My Tech Blog
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2011, 09:59:38 PM »
Well, luckily for you, the new version is slated for Apr '11 anyway, so you might get a chance to check it out before your licenses are expired.

However, since we'll have to remove ADNM and move to SBC anyway, you might as well renew your licenses even if avast hasn't released the new version by then.  The SBC has to be better than the ADNM, so I can't think of why it wouldn't be worth it in the long run.
For generic computer (not avast) problems, you can also visit my forum for help: http://www.jacobytech.net/forum

Offline Yanto.Chiang

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Soli Deo Gloria
    • PT Garuda Sinatriya Globalindo
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2011, 09:36:15 AM »
I'm thinking we want our money back soon.  I just did an AMS Update and it's still showing the lastest version as Feb 19, 2010.  We paid a lot of money for a 3yr license.  AVAST seems to be ignoring the corporate market completely.  If they don't come up with something soon we're gonna need our money back and switch to another product.

Hi cmarcan,

Please be more patient, since Ondrej has been announced the new version of ADNM version 5 shall released on the january 2011.

cheers,

hey yanto....   where did you get that announcement?
its not in the blogs and i didnt see it in the other threads?

Hi Wpn,

I am sorry for the late replied,

If i am not wrong, i got this information from avast marketing / sales team.

But forget it, it has been March 2011 already and we already got the Small Business Console Beta tester.

Frankly speaking, after my workmate tested in our office there is some improvement required :
1. For each user should download such as Net Framework ver 3.5 or 4.0, Silverlight,and user can be notified by SBC on installation progress
2. There is still mirror download required, after user download item number 1. It would be required a huge bandwidth and spent more time

Remains tested results, i should check with my workmate (spi) to make sure is there any trouble with SBC Beta since he is more deeply and spent his time to tested it...

cheers,
Yanto Chiang | IT Security Consultants | AVAST Premium Security | GarudaSinatriya

dynamic

« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2011, 09:24:36 PM »
Well, luckily for you, the new version is slated for Apr '11 anyway, so you might get a chance to check it out before your licenses are expired.

However, since we'll have to remove ADNM and move to SBC anyway, you might as well renew your licenses even if avast hasn't released the new version by then.  The SBC has to be better than the ADNM, so I can't think of why it wouldn't be worth it in the long run.

I've actually been holding off on retiring a server waiting for the release - I didn't want to bother migrating ADNM to a new machine when I figured the successor would be the same thing anyway.  And it's definitely bound to be better, but I was still hoping to get to try it before making that decision.

Where are you hearing April?  I saw that in another post here, but then, I've been seeing posts claiming it'll be out next month for a long time....

Offline hillen

« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2011, 06:48:51 PM »
January 2011 has come and gone -- any updates? HELLO, anyone from corporate even monitor these forums?

As I stated in other post -- my company has been a LONGTIME user of Avast Standard Suite, but it is becoming apparent the business suite must be a very small portion of their revenue; because if it were a big part, they would bend over backwards to make sure they are taken care of.

Instead the company is so silent on the subject to the point even the "evangelist" on these forums have no idea what is going on with the business product line.

Just the rantings of a very frustrated IT professional..

Offline scythe944

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • My Tech Blog
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2011, 03:15:02 AM »

I've actually been holding off on retiring a server waiting for the release - I didn't want to bother migrating ADNM to a new machine when I figured the successor would be the same thing anyway.  And it's definitely bound to be better, but I was still hoping to get to try it before making that decision.

Where are you hearing April?  I saw that in another post here, but then, I've been seeing posts claiming it'll be out next month for a long time....

A few of the Avast Support forum Evangelists got invited to Prague the second week of February for a meeting about the current and future avast products.  During our wonderful time there, they stated that it's looking to be Apr '11 at the earliest.  Not saying it won't take longer than that, and I doubt it will be any sooner.

Trust me, I've been waiting longer than you have for a newer version to get here.  As soon as I know, well, everyone will know because they don't treat me any more special than any of you (besides the nice trip!).

That's as close to the horse's mouth that you'll get I'm afraid.  Just hang in there and hope for the best, like I'm trying to do!  ;D
For generic computer (not avast) problems, you can also visit my forum for help: http://www.jacobytech.net/forum