Author Topic: A Port 110 error message solution  (Read 3197 times)

coachbb94

A Port 110 error message solution
« on: July 24, 2004, 07:43:43 AM »
I came across a solution to the "Port 110" error and that does not require changing email client settings.  I found this solution while trying to figure out a way to make sure my firewall and antivirus programs started early in the boot process.  I want my XP system to get protected as early as possible during the boot process.

I found a program that allows me to serialize the startup process and a by-product is the "Port 110" problem was fixed.  The program is "Startup Delayer" and can be downloaded from http://www.r2.com.au/software.php?page=2&show=startdelay.

After installing the program I chose the "Start Evenly" option with a 2 second delay between programs.  I then set "ashMaiSv" to the highest delay number so it would load last.  When I rebooted the system I did not get the "Port 110" error message.

You will have to tinker with the program because there are some programs that XP will not let "Startup Delay" control.  After the first boot run it again and you will see some programs listed twice.  Right click each duplicate that is set to be controlled by "Startup Delay" and choose the "Move To" and "Original Location" options.  The next time you boot everything should load without problems.

:) :) :) :)

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re:A Port 110 error message solution
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2004, 09:22:11 AM »
"I then set "ashMaiSv" to the highest delay number so it would load last"

And you wanted it to load asap...... This doesn't make sense to me... :-\

jfalkner

Re:A Port 110 error message solution
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2004, 12:22:28 AM »
Will the mentioned program at http://www.r2.com.au/software.php?page=2&show=startdelay solve the problem I am having with avast not 'bumping' but SMASHING heads with my iHate Spam email filter program?