Author Topic: URL:Mal at MySpace  (Read 5024 times)

avast! 5 LOCO

URL:Mal at MySpace
« on: May 08, 2010, 08:35:07 PM »
Hello everyone i'm new here. I have avast! 5.0 free edition. Lately my mother always use my computer to go to myspace to see her friends and stuff and a week ago she had got the URL:Mal on her friends page. She got the same thing but on another page. i found out it was from this url. hxxp://savesearches.cn (its a image jpg file but forgot the name of it). Can anyone help me for this not to happen again?

CharleyO

Re: URL:Mal at MySpace
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 08:42:51 AM »

Hopefully, someone can give you an answer soon.

Offline Yanto.Chiang

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Soli Deo Gloria
    • PT Garuda Sinatriya Globalindo
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 03:16:45 PM »
Hello everyone i'm new here. I have avast! 5.0 free edition. Lately my mother always use my computer to go to myspace to see her friends and stuff and a week ago she had got the URL:Mal on her friends page. She got the same thing but on another page. i found out it was from this url. hxxp://savesearches.cn (its a image jpg file but forgot the name of it). Can anyone help me for this not to happen again?

Hi,

According to your referenced link this website result is error. The result is hxxp://www.unmaskparasites.com/security-report/
My recommendation to avoid this happened again :
1. Protect your machine with AV and security tools
2. If you got any referenced link and you feel the link is weird, you may go to : hxxp://www.unmaskparasites.com/ to scan the website
3. Please do regularly update and scan for your machine
4. Protect your machine with strong enough password and don't share to anybody

That's what i can recommended to you, maybe essexboys or pondus or polonus more advanced with this.

cheers,

Yanto Chiang | IT Security Consultants | AVAST Premium Security | GarudaSinatriya

Sartigan

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2010, 06:50:55 PM »
This is because MySpace is full of malware hosters. See Web of Trust user ratings, everyone knows that myspace is UNTRUSTED, and users insert links to malicious sites (or I heard that someone inserted a malware downloader to his signature)

Avoid MySpace, use a trustable community network (I don't want to recommend sites)
Ignore Facebook (says it loads with malware) too!

HUH... that's good: hxxp://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/myspace.com (click on a comment type you want to see and at the bottom there are the comments, click on one to read the full comment) - again, ignore myspace ;)

arjem06

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2010, 02:24:24 PM »
Hello everyone, what is the latest here? Avast antivirus is an antivirus program developed by AVAST Software a.s. (former ALWIL Software a.s.), a company based in Prague, Czech Republic. For more information, look into this, http://www.bestvistadownloads.com/software/t-free-avast-5-home-edition-download-lzcecygf.html.
www.computerseo.com
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 02:37:31 PM by arjem06 »

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2010, 05:36:26 PM »
Hi avast5! Loco,

This is a malware domain: http://www.malwareurl.com/listing.php?ip=89.149.252.166
llok for these trojan redirects: /su/in.cgi?2
/su/in.cgi?3
/su/in.cgi?4
/su/in.cgi?5
/su/in.cgi?6
/su/in.cgi?7
/su/in.cgi?8
/su/in.cgi?9
/su/in.cgi?10
/su/in.cgi?11
/su/in.cgi?12
/su/in.cgi?9

And a dictonairy attacker: http://www.projecthoneypot.org/ip_89.149.253.82?vid=ru7d2l6o8q3aohs3l7bpn4v841

polonus
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!