Author Topic: BSOD from aswsp.sys  (Read 20228 times)

SafeSurf

Re: BSOD from aswsp.sys
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2010, 11:49:26 AM »
Thanks, I will deactivate the resident Guard shield until tomorrow as needed. ;)
No....only deactivate the Behavior Shield

Do not deactivate any other shield or you will not have any antivirus protection.

Niagara

« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2010, 02:32:53 PM »
Thanks, I will deactivate the resident Guard shield until tomorrow as needed. ;)
No....only deactivate the Behavior Shield

Do not deactivate any other shield or you will not have any antivirus protection.
Sorry I don't find any information or service named or can be translated to "Behavior Shield" into the French Avast Version.
Services I can disable:

- Agent des Fichiers (Scanning Files)
- Agent Mail         (Scanning Mails)
- Agent Reseau       (Network Protection)
- Agent actions suspectes (The one I have disabled)

I don't use the Web Shield. Not installed.
- If someone can tel me the right one ? I am lost. :(
Thanks.

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2010, 08:14:45 PM »
Behavior Shield is called "Agent Actions Suspectes" in the French version of avast.
It's usually the last one in the list of Shields.

That's the one you're supposed to disable.

Anyway, the VPS update that's supposed to fix the issue, so the question is, is the problem happening anymore?

Thanks
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Niagara

« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2010, 08:23:53 PM »
Thanks Vlk, I was not sure 100% if it was the right component.
So I will wait tomorrow for a VPS update (Why not a program update ?), an will see if the BSOD are gone.
On 5 reboot of the PC, I got 3 BSOD before disabling the service. And none after 2 reboots.
(I don't want to mess my PC or crash file system) I have to run chkdsk /f each time after a BSOD. And a reboot .. lol :)

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2010, 08:26:54 PM »
No need to wait now, the update is already out and most likely installed on your PC.

Niagara

« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2010, 08:30:57 PM »
I got Version 100917-0
Is it the good one ? If so I will reactivate the Behavior Shield and will let you know tomorrow morning how good it is. :)

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2010, 08:38:44 PM »
Yep, should be good.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2010, 08:38:59 PM »
I got Version 100917-0
Is it the good one ? If so I will reactivate the Behavior Shield and will let you know tomorrow morning how good it is. :)

Well you have the latest VPS, don't know if that is the one.

Check the avast! Virus Update History 2010.

There was a corrective VPS update yesterday, 16.9.2010 - 100916-3, so I don't know if that is the one Vlk meant.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

SafeSurf

« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2010, 12:38:10 AM »
Based on the information that Vlk gave us, you are good to go regarding the Behavioral Shield (Agent Actions Suspectes).

But why do you have your Web Shield not installed?  This gives you less protection.  Do you have another security software that protects you?  I just want to make sure you are well protected.  Thank you.

Niagara

« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2010, 08:43:39 AM »
Based on the information that Vlk gave us, you are good to go regarding the Behavioral Shield (Agent Actions Suspectes).

But why do you have your Web Shield not installed?  This gives you less protection.  Do you have another security software that protects you?  I just want to make sure you are well protected.  Thank you.
Sa far, so good. No BSOD this Morning. I got Update 100917-1, then reboot after enabling the Behavoir Shield. all ok.
Yes I use Comodo Firewall with Defense + (No anivirus) latest version 5.01 (Was using 3xx version for 3 years), and I did not use Web Shield as it seems to me acting as a local proxy causing problems when it comes to check for Leaktests.
I also have resident guard with SuperAntispyware Pro version.
Avast causing BSOD start to occur BEFORE I install Comodo V5.01.
Anyway I must say you are outstanding nice guys helping free customer. Thanks you Merci beaucoup. :) :)

SafeSurf

« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2010, 09:28:32 AM »
Niagara,

I'm glad that things seem to be working now.  :D  We always try to give the best support to everyone no matter what version or product of Avast they have (Free or paid) as we want everyone to be happy and we want to help them.

Please feel free to come back anytime you need help (even if my French is not that good...I do try), or to learn something new, or just to ask questions.  We are here all the time for your convenience.  Merci beaucoup for allowing me to help you.  :)

Niagara

« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2010, 11:25:18 AM »
You are welcome :)