Author Topic: [Resolved] Windows Live One Care Scanner?  (Read 4255 times)

ckiwi

[Resolved] Windows Live One Care Scanner?
« on: July 25, 2010, 08:51:06 PM »
Question. Have already downloaded the newest Avast on fathers computer and got rid of Skybot. Noticed he also has Windows Live One Care Scanner. Waiting till we get together to add Malware and SuperAnti. I noticed on one of the uninstaller sites you have posted, Ultimate Uninstallers so will use that also if we are to get rid of windows live one care scanner along with a older Malwarebytes that would not let us update. He has not had any problems as yet, except a slow computer but it may speed up when we can do some scans with the above. Thanks so much and hope this was not a stupid question.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 03:21:30 AM by ckiwi »

YoKenny

Re: Windows Live One Care Scanner?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 09:29:45 PM »
Not a stupid question however go to PROFILE then Modify Profile then Forum Profile Information then Signature: and put information about your system just like my signature about your system just like my signature so that the helpers can offer pertinent advice.

I hope you mean Spybot S&D ???

ckiwi

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 12:05:11 AM »
Yes Skybot S&D. His (fathers) is a Windows XP, is it ok to uninstall the Window Live One Care Scanner? No problems on his computer so far. The word "scanner" made me think it is another AV program that should not be there with Avast and noticed it after the newest version of Avast 5 was installed on his computer. (nothing to do with Avast, just my eyes) We are working at just having Avast, SUPERAntiSpyware and Malwarebytes- free, on his computer. I can add my info of my Vista Business if needed. What i did on my computer was when at Ultimate uninstallers i uninstalled any names that rang a bell in my head. Is that ok. I have had no problems on my Vista with newest Avast version, thank you.

Offline Rednose

• Pirate Party Member
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Bits of Freedom : https://www.bof.nl
    • Nederlandstalig Avast! forum
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010, 12:49:41 AM »
Yes, uninstall Windows Live OneCare, because you should never use more than one resident AV. Also Windows Live OneCare is not longer being maintained by MS, and replaced by Microsoft Security Essentials.

Greetz, Red.

Real Time: Avast Premium Security
On Demand: Malwarebytes
VPN: NordVPN ( NordLynx ) with Threat Protection ( Lite )

marc-d-l

Re: [Resolved] Windows Live One Care Scanner?
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2010, 07:27:46 AM »
You should also add a free firewall like Comodo to your arsonal.