Author Topic: Registration expires in 21 days but I cannot input the new registration key  (Read 4972 times)

hake

Avast 5 Free - I have the new registration key but when I click 'I already have a key', nothing happens.  I am 21 days from expiry.  >:(

I click the 'Register Now' button and nothing happens.  I am Internet connected.  Why is this so difficult?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 07:31:15 PM by hake »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
avast5 doesn't recognise the expiry at 21 days as avast 4.8 did, it is around 14 days when the avastUI will change giving you the option to re-register or enter a key. It should still show it as being Registered in the avastUI, Maintenance, Registration section, is that correct ?

What I believe you are clicking is for the insertion of the Pro or AIS license file
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

hake

I try clicking 'Register Now'.  Nothing says that Free users must wait.  Very unhelpful for numpties like me.

Anyway, I get the picture.  Thanks for the information.  Wish that Avast would allow a 30 day lead time for this.  It's not very user friendly, especially for the numpty user.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Click on Maintenance, than Registration for online registering.
1) Open Avast.
2) Click on "Maintenance" then "Registration".
3) Fill out the form for your license key and click "Submit".

When the time is about to expire you will receive a popup notice to register it again.
Note that you will also need to do steps above if you ever need to reinstall the program.

If it fails (or you're in an offline computer), try offline registration.
Fill the form here ( http://www.avast.com/registration-free-antivirus.php ) and enter (copy & paste) the serial number you've recieved by email.

Also, inserting the license key into: avast! Free Antivirus, avast! Pro Antivirus and avast! Internet Security.
The best things in life are free.

RunBeerRun

Mine can't re-register yet, either, so I'm assuming I have to get closer to the cutoff date. I think the people who handle ticket-emails literally don't know, because I asked it specifically and they just gave me the FAQ page stuff instead.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
RunBeerRun, did you follow the steps I've posted above?
The best things in life are free.