Author Topic: horrible lag  (Read 8773 times)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: horrible lag
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2010, 03:37:18 PM »
ok, well, i found the folder containing the session files, (just under 2500 of them in there), deleted all the ones with numbers next to them, leaving the original, and the backup files, and deleted the rest.  Ive now been trying to tax the system with programs, and tabs, (15 open), plus photo shop, and coreldraw and no lag at all, even when the Avast is actively scanning..so im still not sure what caused the files, but i will be keeping a close eye on that app folder from now on.

Wow I have never seen an instance of that many sessionstore .js files, I can't imagine just how there got to be so many, though since they are session store files the only possible reason has got to be the firefox session manager. So you are going to have to go through those settings with a fine tooth comb and see what you find.

Yes it would be interesting to see if they start to increase over the next few days and weeks. Since I use tab mix plus to manage my sessions and I have zero sessionstore.js files that would certainly an option if yours keep growing.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

ziucqea

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2010, 01:13:57 PM »
@ DavidR
@SafeSurf
I don't think your suggestions wiil help him solve his problem. As you have been doing in this forum, your suggestions are simply installing and uninstalling, which had never solved any similar problems before. So can you post only after coming up with a decent solution? So that neither you nor Demondeacondemo  would waste time (eithther posting suggestions or trying them out).

Where did I suggest he uninstalled avast, answer nowhere, I am ensuring he has removed all remnants of KAV, which is 'essential' to ensure there is no conflict.

As far as your comment "As you have been doing in this forum, your suggestions are simply installing and uninstalling, which had never solved any similar problems before." This is total bull droppings as if you take time to read many forum posts, removing a previous AV or remnants has resolved many problems such as this as low level drivers conflict in many different ways.

So if you are going to make comments, make sure you get your facts straight.

Interesting that you don't even offer a suggestion at all.
I didn't because I have given suggestions in other posts but was of no effect (remembered correctly, you should be able to recall that I have said I got similar problem before but nothing I did could make any difference?). We have seen many people complaining they're having problem getting connected to the Internet, but it seems that you didn't manage to provide a proper resolution .
Of course remnants of previous AVs might cause corruption or weird problem, and sure enough ensuring a clean install would solve many of them. But what is important is, when it comes to resolving the problem caused by Web Shield (in this and many other cases), it is totally useless. 

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2010, 02:58:31 PM »
Well if you read the remainder of this post you will find that it wasn't the web shield at all, as the web shield doesn't scan all of those sessionstoreXXX.js files but the file system shield.

So in this case it has nothing to do with the web shield (but the 2500 plus session store files being constantly modified and subsequently scanned), so your experience/problem with the web shield is completely unrelated.

So when it comes to resolving problems with the web shield we would offer suggestions relating to that shield, but what we can't do is make an instant analysis based on the information given. So we have to start gathering information and ensure that there isn't some conflict (most commonly caused by another AV or remnants of one) so we have a clear start point as battling any conflict can make life very difficult.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 03:00:43 PM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security