Author Topic: Do you think Avast! is the best antivirus software?  (Read 11441 times)

ccookie

Do you think Avast! is the best antivirus software?
« on: July 13, 2010, 07:13:42 AM »
I do think Avast! is the best of the best! ;D What do you think?

antonyburgess

Re: Do you think Avast! is the best antivirus software?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 07:19:45 AM »
personally, i think it is mainly because it has alot to offer compared to other anti virus systems, its more relieable and doesnt take alot of memory usage  and doesnt have anoyying ads  or nagging screens when it comes to the free anti virus programs nothing comes close. for example: Avg free you dont get anti rootkit were as avast free you get it, which is mainly required  now a days considering rootkits are starting to be more common. things like that avast offers for free that others dont  wins as the best anti virus for me :D
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 07:22:21 AM by antonyburgess »

ccookie

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 07:25:56 AM »
Yup, I agree! ;D

antonyburgess

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2010, 07:30:14 AM »
Yup, I agree! ;D

also,  if u felt unsure about your anti virus  anyway you could always use immunet which is a free cloud anti virus that runs along with another anti virus also there is sandboxe :D 

back on to Avast! i love the product  and  many years ago when my computer was highly infected with trojans and my pc  was bogged down i installed avast! as my other anti virus program didnt work  and  cleaned my pc up nicely for me ever since then ive been a fan of avast and since version 5 with the new  interface and new features  i love it even more <33333 :)

ccookie

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2010, 07:32:52 AM »
Will Immunet work with Avast! with no problems?

antonyburgess

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2010, 07:34:56 AM »
as far as i am aware yes,   immunet is a cloud anti virus and only works through an internet connection its a very small file, and over 400000 are online as of right now  and its found almost 14 million  threats. its not a replacement of avast its just an application  for extra security.

i only heard about it today because someone who i am subscribed to on youtube showed a demonstration of it and it looks very impressive however on my pc i wouldnt use  it because i dont feel i need it, but on computers i clean for people id more than likey  install it on there computer along side avast  so they will stay clean from nasty viruses
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 07:36:58 AM by antony229 »

ccookie

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2010, 07:37:22 AM »
wow! :o I think I'm going to download that now!

antonyburgess

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2010, 07:38:50 AM »
wow! :o I think I'm going to download that now!

let me know how it works for you ;D

ccookie

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2010, 07:47:52 AM »
Yup, its great so far, I installed it, and its up and running! Like you said, no problems at all with Avast! Thank you so much! ;D

antonyburgess

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2010, 07:52:13 AM »
no problem matey, as you more than likey read on there website its an extra layer of protection that is compatabile with exisiting  anti viruses :)  which is pretty neat. considering that if you would have two normal anti virus programs such as avg and avast! that would cause problems and  more than likely cause you to gain a virus, were as immunet is just   extra protection and works with your current anti virus program

zengjing0813

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2010, 08:06:47 AM »
I do think Avast

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2010, 04:16:57 PM »
ccookie,
Welcome to the forum.
I wonder what kind of a response you expected to get on the avast! forum with such a leading question ???
As to your question regarding Immunet, it's been battered around many times and has received differing opinions.
I personally used it for about a year and never had it catch anything outside of what was already detected by avast!.
After a years trial, I finally decided that all Immunet was doing was slowing down my system and using some of my system recourses
and I received nothing in return.
I've since removed Immunet and left the job of protecting my computer to avast!. :)
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

YoKenny

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2010, 05:29:55 PM »
I've since removed Immunet and left the job of protecting my computer to avast!. :)

Me too.  8)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2010, 05:51:49 PM »
I've survived this long (almost 6 1/2 years) without any gimmick cloud AV, with avast and the web shield plus network shields protection to add cloud AV with their bandwidth use and CPU resource usage; so I guess I will survive for much longer without it still.

Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

antonyburgess

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2010, 05:55:28 PM »
some here the only reason i suggested it in the first place is if your really paranoid about getting a virus.

as far as me personally ive been  fine avast for many years and has never give me any troubles and i'm quite content with using this anti-virus for many years to come :)