Author Topic: Avast Pro and AIS 2(1+1)  (Read 3683 times)

Offline JuninhoSlo

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
Avast Pro and AIS 2(1+1)
« on: July 10, 2010, 05:08:56 PM »
Hi :)

Avast has an offer "Get a year for free"  Is this offer valid  if I buy Avast in our country  or do I need to buy Avast via internet

Have a nice day :)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 05:13:35 PM by JuninhoSlo »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Avast Pro and AIS 2(1+1)
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2010, 05:48:47 PM »
Given that the information is on-line, I guess that is where it is valid as it would surely link through to the on-line store.

If purchasing in your own country, I presume that would be through an authorised avast reseller. If so then you can check out the authorised avast resellers list for your country and ask one near to you.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

sandeep108

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 02:41:32 PM »
I am using pro (AV only) and have also received a promo offer for AIS 3 PC licenses for 1 year at almost the same price as a pro AV renewal.

However, I have a multiple NIC setup and the windows 7 firewall has just been setup correctly and everything works. I do not need the antispam as well (I always use the webmail first) and TB's anti-spam generally catches almost all the other spam.

If I opt for the AIS promo, at the time of install can I select only the pro AV to install so that the firewall and anti-spam do not get installed at all? Or is this not possible? Is this the correct place to post or should I send an e-mail to the sales team?

Offline Rednose

• Pirate Party Member
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Bits of Freedom : https://www.bof.nl
    • Nederlandstalig Avast! forum
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2010, 05:42:46 PM »
If I opt for the AIS promo, at the time of install can I select only the pro AV to install so that the firewall and anti-spam do not get installed at all? Or is this not possible? Is this the correct place to post or should I send an e-mail to the sales team?

Yes, you can select what components you want to install ( or when installled, to uninstall ).

But do you know you can try AIS 5 during 30 days for free ???

Greetz, Red.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 05:46:38 PM by Rednose »
Real Time: Avast Premium Security
On Demand: Malwarebytes
VPN: NordVPN ( NordLynx ) with Threat Protection ( Lite )

sandeep108

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2010, 03:00:08 PM »
Thanks for the reply, but I am not too sure I wish to disturb my existing settings for the trial.

One of my home PCs is on the free version, so on receiving the AIS licenses for the 3 PCs, can I just enter the license key into the free version? Similarly on the pro version, can I just insert the AIS license key? Or do I have to download and install the AIS install file on both free and pro AV PCs? I would also have to do an uninstall and AIS install in that case, I presume?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2010, 03:02:29 PM »
When you add the license, the software will recognize it and upgrade automatically.
The best things in life are free.

sandeep108

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2010, 04:12:13 PM »
Thanks, so essentially the free AV, pro AV and AIS files/installations are all the same? The license code enables / disables the features? I am using a SSD so do not want to unnecessarily install / uninstall / reinstall.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2010, 11:07:16 PM »
No, the installations are not the same. The license key rules the new files to be downloaded and installed.
The best things in life are free.