Other > Viruses and worms

at a loss to find the virus -- SOLVED!!!

<< < (5/20) > >>

DavidR:
Hijackthis doesn't actually do anything other than report on what it finds on your system and generates a report file.

This file needs analysed to decide on what action if any needs to be taken, then we can advise on what action to take, so don't act on your own accord about selecting entries and using the Fix selected option.

Filehippo retains links for historic versions (of all software) but you want the Download latest version link (button).

A little info on the acdaemon.exe:

--- Quote ---acdaemon is associated with digital imaging and video software, for cameras, printers, scanners, mobile phones etc. it's usually located in the c:/program files/common files directory. if you find it under the windows, windows/system, or the windows/system32 directory it may be malware. run a virus/malware scan.
--- End quote ---

Does that ring any bells ?

theladyupstairs:
i gave up adaware in favor of malaware bytes.  i also downloaded the one you suggested yesterday, which is still on my computer.  i'm not in favor of downloading more spyware programs.

i downloaded hijackthis.  i ran a scan & found a long list of stuff, which i did not check, or anything with.  then i asked for a log.  it told me it would go to notepad.  then nothing happened.  i tried again.  nothing happened.  then my computer got glitchy, some things froze.  i tried to open notepad, but it wouldn't open - nothing happened.  then my computer would not restart or shut down.  i had to force a shut down by pressing on the start button for a few seconds.  now i'm up & running again, but don't know what to do.

should i reopen hjt?  run the scan again?  once opened i need more specific instructions as to what to do.

DavidR:
Yes run it again but just select run the scan no creation of a log file, after the scan there is a button to save the log.

What about the info on acdeamon, are you using any such digital/video imaging software for cameras/printers, etc. (Kodak) and what is the location of acdaemon.exe and daemon.exe ?

theladyupstairs:
yes, i use a camera download program (cannon) to download pics from my camera.  i also use adobe photoshop.  i also have a printer, of course, connected wirelessly. 

furthermore, i just did the msconfig & looked at the list.  i found ACDaemon on c:\programfiles\commonfiles\arcsoft\connection\service\bin\acdaemon   and the location is: HKLM\software\microsoftwindows\currentversion\run

did i find the location for acdaemon.exe and daemon.exe?  if not, how can i find it.

i'm going to wait for your reply before i start running hjt, in case it acts up again. 

thank you.

theladyupstairs:
searched for acdaemon.exe & found 2 files: acdaemon.exe in c:\windows\prefetch - 16 kb, pf file, as well as the arcsoft one mentioned in my last letter. 

search for daemon.exe turned up both above PLUS cidaemon in c:\windows\system32  - 8 KB application.

is that my villain?

not doing any hjt scan until i hear more from you.

acd

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version