Author Topic: BSOD after installing AIS 5.0  (Read 4501 times)

salami_salami

BSOD after installing AIS 5.0
« on: August 04, 2010, 02:55:03 PM »
'morn

I didn't have one single problem with the trial version. I bought internet security version 5.0, and now I get the dreaded BSOD. The BSOD says something about a BAD_POOL_HEADER among other things. I have the dump file. Has anyone else had this problem? I really don't want to wait around while my .dmp file is uploaded and analyzed.

Fortunately I have Goback, so I can revert my drive prior to the installation. Unfortunately, Avast must not know that when you ask them to resend your paid license via their web site form -- IT DOESN'T SEND IT. Even though I was able to get the download links to the software, license and my invoice files, the initial emails sent after purchase are gone. I wonder if I should even bother trying to have them resend them. I thought it would be helpful to point this out.

Help?

salami_salami

Re: BSOD after installing AIS 5.0
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 04:32:02 PM »
...Opened a ticket to support. I really hope that I don't have to go through the process of having my purchase refunded. I suspect that this may be a rocky road to travel.  :-\

Offline bri

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • U.S.A
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 06:11:42 PM »
i seen this before on my sysyem win 7 64 and i checked dep that was set to always on,i turned it to always off and i have not seen the bsod since.im not saying that this is your problem or that you should disable dep but that what i did.have a backup before disabling anything.

salami_salami

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2010, 07:01:53 PM »
i seen this before on my sysyem win 7 64 and i checked dep that was set to always on,i turned it to always off and i have not seen the bsod since.im not saying that this is your problem or that you should disable dep but that what i did.have a backup before disabling anything.

Will give it a try. Thanks.

salami_salami

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2010, 07:12:39 PM »
Success! Thank you, bri!!!

Offline bri

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • U.S.A
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2010, 09:41:24 PM »
good to hear it worked

salami_salami

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2010, 06:45:52 AM »
good to hear it worked

...Although, my wife told me it blue screened again after loading one of her games web sites. She rebooted, went back to the site, and it worked fine. Looks like it's going to be a buggy ride with Avast! Live and learn, I guess. Thanks again for the tip.

Offline bri

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • U.S.A
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2010, 01:04:06 AM »
hang in there bud i been fightin with this for awile but my problem has been do to the avast virtualization part but hpoefully they can get everything ironed out soon.