Author Topic: Avast won't update.  (Read 4094 times)

Sammysgirl82

Avast won't update.
« on: July 15, 2010, 08:43:37 PM »
Hi everyone! ;D

I have been using Avast! with  no problems untill recently when I got an update reminder. everytime I try to update it says cannot connect to server. my registration is up to date and I am virus and malware free. I uninstalled and reinstalled twice but still get the same message.

I tried to use AVG free edition but there is a problem with that too. I like avast. so if anyone can help Id appreciate it.  :)

Offline =SKY=

• Super Poster
Re: Avast won't update.
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2010, 10:25:24 PM »
Try the following settings:

- NO PROXY
- PERMANENT CONNECTION TO THE INTERNET.

I think, then it'll work for you.

I use the German version. Because of this, I can't tell you the correct names of the setting-points in English.

But I think, you'll find the 2 settings in your version without problems, when you are looking for them.

Good luck! ;)
Win11 Home [x64] 23H2 @ Windows Defender | FF ESR |
My oldest darling: W2k Pro SP4 & UR1 @ avast! Free Antivirus 8.0.1497 | Palemoon & K-Meleon [BOTH MODIFIED for W2k] |

Sammysgirl82

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2010, 01:58:48 PM »
I tried it and t totally worked!!! Thank you, ;D this has been bugging me for weeks!!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 02:01:13 PM by Sammysgirl82 »

Offline =SKY=

• Super Poster
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2010, 11:01:19 PM »
Super and congratulations! :) :) :)

Wish you a lot of fun with the program... ;)

Nice regards
~SKY~
Win11 Home [x64] 23H2 @ Windows Defender | FF ESR |
My oldest darling: W2k Pro SP4 & UR1 @ avast! Free Antivirus 8.0.1497 | Palemoon & K-Meleon [BOTH MODIFIED for W2k] |

SafeSurf

[RESOLVED] Avast won't update.
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2010, 08:09:41 AM »
Sammysgirl82,

If you feel that your issue is now resolved/fixed, please go back to the open post in this topic, click the modify button in that Post and change the title/subject, add [Resolved] to the beginning of the title.  Thank you.   :)