Author Topic: Reference Memory  (Read 12092 times)

PeggyB

Reference Memory
« on: July 26, 2004, 07:08:55 PM »
Have a small problem here. When I log off my computer a window pops up that says: 0x77f56c69 reference memory 0x00000000 memory could not be written.
Sorry that I can't provide more, but it disappears before I can write it all down. Thank you in advance for any help....... :)

Gene Johnson

Re:Reference Memory
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2004, 01:29:04 AM »
As this is not an avast problem, you might try annoyances.org. They specialize in Windows problems and have been very helpful in the past.

RedSector

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2004, 03:04:37 AM »
This sounds like a problem of a poorly written program causing a blue screen when it is terminated.  What version of windows are you running?  Are there any programs that run when you start up that are still running when your log off?

PeggyB

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2004, 03:42:50 AM »
The only program running at start up is ashdisp & ashmaisv......both being Avast. I don't receive no blue screen....everything is normal except for that message that pops up as I am shutting down.
OS is Windows XP.

RedSector

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2004, 03:48:31 AM »
Ahh, I see.  Can you tell what program is having a fault when it is quitting?

PeggyB

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2004, 03:56:38 AM »
No not really.......but each time this happens I write as much of the message down as I can before completely shutting down. Maybe within the next few days I will have all of the message. There is a OK button to click on to return to view the program, but because computer is already in shut down mode, clicking ok doesn't do anything.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2004, 08:58:30 AM »
Check both the event log and the system log in XP. Take all errors you see there to www.google.com and the Microsfoft Knowledgebase to find out more about them and how to solve them

www.google.com
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;KBHOWTO

PeggyB

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2004, 04:21:59 PM »
Thank you.........will start on that today. Sure hope that list isn't long...... ::) Will post back with any results. BTW......ya'll sure have nice board here.

RedSector

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2004, 05:52:07 PM »
I sure hope we can figure out whats wrong  ;D

PeggyB

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2004, 06:09:24 PM »
This is what I have come up with so far.
VSS 8193
Event system 4609
Application error 1000
MsiInstaller 11335
True Vector service 5007

So far have read up on the VSS 8193 and only thing I can see that it says to do is repair windows xp/reinstall. Not comfortable with that as I surely don't won't to do a reinstall.
Haven't checked out the others yet. Maybe if I do scandisk to fix errors maybe that would help some and then see what is left.

RedSector

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2004, 06:14:24 PM »
That is a bit perplexing.  MSI Installer is what windows uses to install programs. And True Vector is a crucial part of ZoneAlarm.  Ill try to do some research, on this.

PeggyB

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2004, 07:07:36 PM »
Thank You........but I think that Gene J was right. This has nothing to do with Avast......but seems to me I remember seeing something about it somewhere. That is why I came to this board. I will also keep searching. Thanks again.

honyak122

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2004, 12:23:49 AM »
Hello  peggyB,
I too get that message when I shut down my computer.  I have not found any solution yet. My comp still works fine and no side effects so far. The only info in my event log is,
error event id 1512
windows cannot unload your registry file. The memory used by the registry has not been freed. This is often caused by services running as a user account, try configuring the services to run in either the local service or network service account.
I did read where anti virus or other programs running as windows is shutting down, did not seem to serious. But what bugs me a little is I cannot find info on event id 1512, all I find addresses 1524 and 1517 that is related to this issue.
But as I said I am not having any problems from it otherwise and it randomly occurs.
Mayge some of these good folks can help us figure this out!!

PeggyB

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2004, 02:55:01 AM »
Hi honyak122.......glad to hear that I am not the only one with this problem. I don't worry about it to much for everything is running fine. Just a matter of wanting to know.
For your problem Event id 1512 you get get some info from here:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;228744
If you would like anymore info just type event id 1512 into Google, you'll get a long list.
Hope this helps you some.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2004, 02:58:59 AM »
Try this site to find out more about eventid's http://www.eventid.net/search.asp