Author Topic: Reference Memory  (Read 12091 times)

PeggyB

Re:Reference Memory
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2004, 03:38:18 AM »
Okay....I got it now. I shut my computer down today and that box appear and I was able to get all that it said.

ashserv.exe   application erro
The instructions at 0x77f58c69 reference memory 0x00000000 could not be written.
Please check OK to terminate program.

If I click on OK nothing happens because computer is in process of shutting down. If I remember correctly ashserv.exe DOES have something to do with Avast. Hope this help to solve the problem. Thank You..... :)

PeggyB

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2004, 06:19:48 AM »
I couldn't solve the problem, so did the next best thing. I uninstalled and reinstalled Avast today. All is working fine.
Thank You for your time and patience....... :)

RedSector

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2004, 06:23:08 AM »
Glad that fixed your problem   ;D  Some times the simple soultions are the best.  I was sitting here pondering complicated stuff  ;D  I wish I would have thought to say that.

PeggyB

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2004, 12:25:53 AM »
Sorry but all is not well. The problem came back. I had friend that said to uninstall avast and go with AVG. I did that last night. I ran it and it says I have Trojan Horse Dropper.small.4.ag.......I have it in AVG vault.
Would love to know how to get rid of it so that I can have my Avast back. Anyone know what I should do with it? Thank You...... :)

honyak122

« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2004, 12:50:23 AM »
I would download bitdefender personal edition and run it to get a second opinion. I do not trust AVG.
I found that sygate was causing my problem and since the new build the problem has not reared it's ugly head. It never created any comp problems but I like to find out what it is. I at least know it was not avast.
BTW stick with avast I am not an expert but I have some reservations about AVG.

PeggyB

« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2004, 02:22:26 AM »
Thank You for the info............I will be sticking with Avast, just as soon as I get rid of the Trojan Horse. I will get second opinion.

PeggyB

« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2004, 01:29:52 AM »
Just to keep you updated..........I removed the Trojan last night. I uninstalled AVG and reinstalled Avast........happy again. :) Thank You for your help.