Author Topic: bug?  (Read 19035 times)

KezzerDrix

Re:bug?
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2004, 01:01:05 AM »
"Sowen" absolutely disgusting, you come here and insult a forum regular who has gone above and beyond the call of duty to help almost every one here.  Even you!

Look in the mirror before calling anyone else a "Forum terrorist".

CoJo

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2004, 01:05:33 AM »
Please folks...see my new thread in Off-Topic.

This is getting out of hand :(

cojo

neal62

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2004, 05:02:17 AM »
Yes Sowen, you were and are totally out of line with what you have said towards Sasha. You need to check your own back yard out before you start flaming (bad mouthing) regular members here. I as others do believe you owe Sasha a public apology, that is if your decent enough to do that. Just my thoughts and opinions.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2004, 05:04:16 AM by neal62 »

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2004, 01:48:59 PM »
Yeah, thanks guys and girls, thanks from the bottom of my heart. I didn't mean that small and harmless info like that will make him so angry and self-proud... if it wasn't me, it would be someone else who would try to alarm him that avatar he used to use was too big... really too big. If someone still uses 640x480 pixels resolution, and I'm assuring you that there are still some people who can't afford better monitors or GFX cards, they would see Sowen's avatar large as half of their desktop.

Anyway, I am here to APPOLOGIZE to Sowen and to everyone else who was forced or dragged into this thread with or without his/her will...

However, can't call someone forum terrorist if he isn't one... right ?

Have a nice and productive day everyone !

Cheers !
« Last Edit: July 28, 2004, 01:50:26 PM by S.Z.Craftec »

sowen

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2004, 02:26:03 PM »
Two pages of utter non-technical blather cluttering up this post, and not one informed response to the original message. :-\

It would have sufficed to send me a private message regarding my megasized image - and I would have appreciated that - but instead you steer the thread entirely off-course. I have no doubt you had good intentions, but instead of doing that quietly in an out-of-forum message, you hijacked the message to push more of your cute images and show how wonderfully helpful you are.

But despite the good intentions, you have not been helpful. I don't want your images nor skins for my anti-virus program. I'm here for expert, technical information, and for an exchange with technical experts, of which you are not one.

Furthermore, you comment on an image which exceeds some (self-determined?) forum maximum, then upload another image for me to use, which actually did take up space on the server and meant that everyone reading the forum had to use their precious bandwidth to see that as well. (I guess I'm out of touch with my 2Gb Internet connection.)

Plus, most people complaining of my modestly oversized image have flags in their signatures - the combined image size much greater than my single image - further cluttering the screens and using bandwidth. Elsewhere on this forum, you include entire pictures in your posts.

This is what I mean when I say "forum terrorist": the messages you posted in reply to the post have added zero value to this thread; in fact they've been detrimental in getting a serious technical answer.

Honestly, you need to get out more, go for a walk, get some fresh air and sunshine, and stop trying to turn a technical anti-virus forum into a non-technie love-in.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2004, 02:59:19 PM by sowen »

shgoh

« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2004, 03:07:36 PM »
sowen...i'm sorry but i've to say that you are being a little disrespectful to the forum people here... we don't talk about whether we are regulars or new-comers...don't talk about ranks or whatever....if you have problems...we are more than willing to help in any ways...

what craftec did was just for the sake of this forum...we all agreed long ago about that avatar sizes thing...

anyway...i hope we all should stop this....coz it is going to get nowhere :)

but sowen...if your problem persists...we will help...really :)

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2004, 03:28:49 PM »
Two pages of utter non-technical blather cluttering up this post, and not one informed response to the original message. :-\

have you ever asked yourself, maybe no one wants to help you anymore... you are so arrogant that it's so unbelievable... there is no place for people like you in these forums... you'll see that very soon...

It would have sufficed to send me a private message regarding my megasized image - and I would have appreciated that - but instead you steer the thread entirely off-course. I have no doubt you had good intentions, but instead of doing that quietly in an out-of-forum message, you hijacked the message to push more of your cute images and show how wonderfully helpful you are.

You are so jealous, we all can see that... sooooo jealous... you can't stand the fact that people DO need graphical improvements sometimes... you are jealous... ohoh ;)

But despite the good intentions, you have not been helpful. I don't want your images nor skins for my anti-virus program. I'm here for expert, technical information, and for an exchange with technical experts, of which you are not one.

...jealous again... how can you possibly know what is my level of technical knowledge ? FYI, I do that for living ;) You just can't stand the fact that someone actually is doing something useful, not like you...

Plus, most people complaining of my modestly oversized image have flags in their signatures - the combined image size much greater than my single image - further cluttering the screens and using bandwidth. Elsewhere on this forum, you include entire pictures in your posts.

Just like everyone else... it's off-topic forum and everybody is free to post whatever they want to post in there, of course if it's not gonna offend anyone in any way... no one forces you to visit off-topic forums, so your bandwidth won't suffer at all. But you posted so big avatar in forums where everyone visits and tries to help... everything was shifted to right hand side of the screeen just because of your avatar. Don't mix up those two things...

Honestly, you need to get out more, go for a walk, get some fresh air and sunshine, and stop trying to turn a technical anti-virus forum into a non-technie love-in.

I have enough time to do that, you are not the one who has to worry... you just had to see what my life looked like before I got out of war. If you had so many problems in your useless life like I had before I came here, you would know what I'm talking about...

You are the one that needs to go out little more offten... try to find some friends, maybe they will be able to bring some happines in your life, which I highly doubt... no one can stand such an arrogant human being...

Jealous, nothing else... you were watching all those posts made by me, and you couldn't stand the fact that people around here loves me... yeah, they love me and I'm so happy because of that, 'cause I guess I earned it with my behaviour and friendship... what can you offer ? Ha ? Tell us here !

And btw, I cancel that APPOLOGY to you.. you don't deserve to have friends. You deserve to be banned from here... period.

We tried to talk normal language with you, but you are one of those ugly-minded beings that no one can transform into something normal... you just proved it yourself.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2004, 03:42:03 PM by S.Z.Craftec »

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2004, 03:41:54 PM »
Two pages of utter non-technical blather cluttering up this post, and not one informed response to the original message.

And you wonder why no one will answer your question ??? (your own replies, have by your own admission become a off-topic).

You came here for help and took offence at being politely told (my opinion) your avatar was a little large and even given a modified avatar. Then you start to rant and call people terrorists, yet even further off-topic from your original post.

Several people have asked you to apologise, if your man enough, obviously not, even after S.Z.Craftec apologised (I don't believe he needed to), you continue with your diatribe and you wonder why people won't answer your question ??? I can tell you why your attitude.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

sowen

« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2004, 03:43:53 PM »
It's not a question of not wanting to help, you saw a post where you were unable to help, so instead you felt it necessary to post to this forum - rather than privately messaging me - blathering about an avatar which were 50 pixels too big.

Then when I don't use your image, you say I'm jealous and ungrateful. You sound just a tad insecure, Osama bin Craftec.

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2004, 03:46:37 PM »
Haha, you see ? You are talking to yourself... you are so alone buddy... sooo alone. You pretend that you don't see all those replies to you in this thread... ok, if it's easier for you, just pretend. But, everyone can see who you really are...

And btw, you made me so happy 'casue you didn't use that avatar... anyway, that avatar wasn't my creation, just resized instance of that big avatar you had before... haha, why should be I unsecure ? Just because someone who is less important in my life than price of bubblegum ? Get a life...

I really highly doubt that even mother can love someTHING like that...  ::) Of course, we can just guess, but I'm 100% sure, deep in your sould, you know that you are so lonely and it hurts... that's why you have to call people names, but I think the real terrorist here is no one else, but you.

I remember those verbal fights you had with our frined Culpeper, and how stupid your comments were regarding his knowledge... you will never have that level of knowledge in your life, remember that !
« Last Edit: July 28, 2004, 03:57:27 PM by S.Z.Craftec »

lee16

« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2004, 03:50:59 PM »
Honestly, you need to get out more, go for a walk, get some fresh air and sunshine

Yet again being prejudice, how can you say that when you don't even no them, i can't speak for everyone else (i don't no them in person), but i know i like to go for walks, and hike up in the mountains, but im pritty sure the others do here aswell, now i think we should stop fighting/arguing and look at the real problem at hand, don't you?

--lee

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2004, 04:02:59 PM »
Most likely you'll remove that avatar you just uploaded you sick brat... but, I want everyone to see what creature you really are...

This is actual sreenshot from few minutes ago... I don't know if anyone who is normal and healthy in his brain, could do something like you...

No further comment...

sowen

« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2004, 04:24:05 PM »
You're policing the content of the image, too?
You start this all off with the ridiculous comment about "flooding servers", and now you upload a 450x375 pixel, 30KB image to the forum server! ??? Shows you're only here to show off your graphical 'skills' rather than provide constructive technical support.

(BTW it's just a mannequin from a movie-set.)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2004, 04:25:01 PM by sowen »

Pavel Baudis

« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2004, 04:30:16 PM »
sowen,

I asked you to STOP this nonsense discussion by IM. You did not do it. I am closing this thread now. This particular board is for support of avast! program and not for any flame wars.

This is the final warning - and those who will not follow the rules or hear the polite advices from administrator could be banned for some period of time.

Pavel

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2004, 04:38:39 PM »
BTW Besides the unbelieveable number of ballast in this thread sowen I believe you're right, it's probably a bug in the current build. I'll have this examined/fixed before the next release.

Thanks.
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.