Author Topic: Avast having a bug from time to time [Resolved]  (Read 9400 times)

SafeSurf

Re: Avast having a bug from time to time
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2010, 08:52:47 AM »
Uninstall MS Malware removal tool.

FYI -- There was a recent malware on pandanda (there is a thread on this forum about it).  If you visited the site, you may have malware.

You are much better off with MBAB or SAS (SUPERantiSypware).  After you uninstall McAfee and MS Malware removal tool, we will check for malware.  

You can leave Windows Defender on.  If you haven't already, turn your Windows Firewall ON when you uninstall McAfee IS.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 08:56:10 AM by SafeSurf »

SafeSurf

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2010, 08:54:09 AM »
You still need to uninstall McAfee as it will conflict with Avast.

Offline Coolmario88

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Bronies make the web go round
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2010, 08:55:08 AM »
Uninstall MS Malware removal tool.

FYI -- There was a recent malware on pandanda (there is a thread on this forum about it).  If you visited the site, you may have malware.

You are much better off with MBAB or SAS (SUPERantiSypware).  After you uninstall McAfee and MS Malware removal tool.  

You can leave Windows Defender on.  If you haven't already, turn your Windows Firewall ON when you uninstall McAfee IS.
i trust microsoft Malware Removal tool and i cant remove it and avast did block the malware on pandanda's website and my computer doesnt have Malware i had my friend that knows more about computers than me check my computer and he found no Malware and no viruses
Webbrowser: Mozilla Firefox
PC Specs: Intel i5-12400f, Nvidia RTX 3050, 16gb ram, 1.5TB SSD(s).

SafeSurf

« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2010, 09:11:41 AM »
From MS: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/890830
"However, if malicious software infected the computer before you installed an up-to-date antivirus program, your antivirus program may not detect this malicious software until the tool tries to remove it."

If you feel confident that you do not have malware, then I can only offer you the link to MBAM as another option: 
·   Download free http://www.malwarebytes.org/ for an on-demand scanner.
·   Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
·   After install, click update so you have latest database before scanning.

To confirm, you have listed ALL your past and current security software?

While we have been online you have removed McAfee and rebooted?  Is your problem fixed now?

Offline Coolmario88

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2010, 09:13:33 AM »
From MS: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/890830
"However, if malicious software infected the computer before you installed an up-to-date antivirus program, your antivirus program may not detect this malicious software until the tool tries to remove it."

If you feel confident that you do not have malware, then I can only offer you the link to MBAM as another option: 
·   Download free http://www.malwarebytes.org/ for an on-demand scanner.
·   Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
·   After install, click update so you have latest database before scanning.

To confirm, you have listed ALL your past and current security software?

While we have been online you have removed McAfee and rebooted?  Is your problem fixed now?

yes my problem is now fixed

SafeSurf

« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2010, 09:17:55 AM »
Glad to hear. :)

Could you please go to PROFILE on the top of this page and enter your Signature so that we know what type of Avast product you have, security software, information about your machine/settings, etc. including firewall?  This can help us better answer questions in the future.  Thank you.

SafeSurf

[RESOLVED] Avast having a bug from time to time
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2010, 09:20:16 AM »
Now that your problem is resolved, please go back to the open post in this topic, click the modify button in that Post and change the title/subject, add [Resolved] to the beginning of the title.  Thank you for allowing me to assist you.   :)

Offline Coolmario88

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2010, 09:20:39 AM »
Glad to hear. :)

Could you please go to PROFILE on the top of this page and enter your Signature so that we know what type of Avast product you have, security software, information about your machine/settings, etc. including firewall?  This can help us better answer questions in the future.  Thank you.
i will next time i log on the forums :)

SafeSurf

« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2010, 09:21:55 AM »
You can do the Signature then, but please change the title to Resolved now to close the thread.  Thank you.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Avast having a bug from time to time [Resolved]
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2010, 10:29:22 PM »
Good work, SafeSurf...! :)
asyn
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0